Hello,

Does anyone have an idea about what type this wood is? It is a Morgan guitar but I can't find anything about it on the internet (only a light and black version).

Thanks in advance!
Quote by Tony Done
It looks like mahogany to me. The top might be cedar.

Seconded

99% certain on the cedar
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Tony Done Dreadnought It appears to have wood binding as well. I'm going to guess maple, at least on the light layers. What thinkest thou(s)?
I gave a passing glance to the binding, and maple was my initial thought because of how light it is. I think I'm leaning more towards sitka though.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Well, I don't how if I'm seeing "silking" in the binding wood, or open pores. So just for the hell of it, I'm going to put white oak up for consideration.

Sitka is an excellent guess, but it is a bit soft for guitar body binding. But then, who knows.
Quote by Tony Done
It looks like mahogany to me. The top might be cedar.

Thirded (?)
Quote by Captaincranky
Tony Done Dreadnought It appears to have wood binding as well. I'm going to guess maple, at least on the light layers. What thinkest thou(s)?

I agree