Last week I bought a Boss RC-3 loop station. I really like it, but I noticed it's hard to use in a live setting without using an external Footswitch or even better, two external Footswitches.
I searched online and I ended up with the Boss FS-6 (2 switches) and the FS-5U. (1 switch)

In what situation is the FS-6 the better choice than just going for two FS-5U's?

The price of the FS-6 is €59 and the FS-5U is €29
The FS-6 uses batteries and the FS-5U doesn't. (or is the battery only needed for the LED on the FS-6?)
The FS-5U's could be used as separate pedals too and thus use up less space.
I know that the FS-6 has a stereo port that gives you the option to use a different cable to connect the pedal, but in what situation is this needed, besides you already having this type of cable and not the other one?
Is the FS-6 usable for different instruments besides guitars or is it just and improved version of 2 FS-5U's put together?

Does anyone have experience or an opinion on this? I'm planning to buy something with 2 switches and the best is to be able to use it for other pedals or amps too.

p.s. Any alternative pedals from other brands would be good too.
What are you planning to do with the switches? As in what function from the pedals? I have the fs6 and the rc30 and was dissapointed with how the looper works with the fs6. The left pedal activates some useless built in effects, the right pedal switches channel whoch is useful. Holding either down banks up or down but starts cycling thru memory slots instead of one by one.
Quote by lodgi
What are you planning to do with the switches? As in what function from the pedals? I have the fs6 and the rc30 and was dissapointed with how the looper works with the fs6. The left pedal activates some useless built in effects, the right pedal switches channel whoch is useful. Holding either down banks up or down but starts cycling thru memory slots instead of one by one.

I mostly want to switch the channels, so I can go up and down in the memory. I read that the second pedal does that if you use 2 FS-5U's.
Strangely enough the right pedal of the fs6 is the first pedal if you use a FS-5U. But yeah, the FS6 seems to be doing the same things as 2 FS-5U's.
The first (or right) pedal does the same as double tapping on the RC-3 (stop the recording, but keeps the loop playing) and you can tap for tempo if you are not playing anything. This does seem like a nice feature for live playing IMO.

Do you need batteries to run the FS6, or does it work without them?
Also, do you know any specific things that you can do with the FS6 that you can't do with another type of trigger?
Switching channels and going up and down in the memory are separate things but you can do both of them with the fs6. My issue is that is like to be ableto go up and down in the memory with one click on the left or right, but that's not how it works. Instead, you have to hold the left or right down to go up or down in the memory, and if you hold it for too long, it starts cycling through the memory slotsand it's hard to get it right.

The only thing I think that is good with the fs 6 or two fs5 pedals is the ability to switch to the left or right track instantaneously.

Having said all this, I've just remembered you have the rc3 not the rc30 so you have slightly different Functionality.
And yeah you need a 9v battery to work the fs6. Not sure what it uses power for though.

Don't know what it gives you that another similar product can't.
Thanks for the comments. I think the functionality of the RC-3 and RC-30 are quite similar except for the fact that the RC-30 has multiple tracks and effects.
The cycling through the channels is the same with both pedals I saw in a youtube video.

I'm probably going for the two FS-5U pedals. The need for batteries in the FS-6 is really a buzzkill for me.