Hi UG friends. I have a bit of a problem I could do with some advice on before I take my stuff to the local guitar shop. I have a Peavey Bandit 112 combi amp, and got a Trace Elliot 2x12 cab to beef it out. Problem is, when I plug from the speaker out on the Peavey into the speaker, nothing happens. Sound still comes out of the amp, but nothing from the speaker. This is my first speaker cab, and I'll admit I don't fully know what I'm doing. I checked the impedances though, and they are both 8 ohms, so where lies the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
I'm not 100% positive about this, but I'm pretty sure that when you plug a cab into that amp it is supposed to disengage the internal speaker.

If this is the case, that tells me that your jack might be, well, jacked up. Try plugging the cable in without the cab connected to the other end and see what happens. If the internal speaker goes quiet, the cab is jacked, if it doesn't, the jack is jacked.

Or something like that...
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
Quote by Prime2515102
I'm not 100% positive about this, but I'm pretty sure that when you plug a cab into that amp it is supposed to disengage the internal speaker.

RTFM...
Quote by dspellman
RTFM...

The FM makes no mention of it.
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
Quote by Diatribes
Isn't Trace Elliot bass gear..?

not all. i have an (late 90's? ) speed twin combo that isn't bad. you can scoop them up cheap.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The internal speaker is supposed to play along with the ext cab. Could be the extension cab jack. You arent plugged into the preamp out are you? If the cab reads 8 ohms, that should all be working. Could be the cable. If the ext jack is functioning the other end of the cable should have some ac volts to read on the voltmeter.
Last edited by geo-rage at Nov 26, 2016,
do tell me you are using a speaker cable and not an instrument cable, right???
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Haha an instrument cable will make sound in the cabinet but everything will get hot and eventually destruct.
Last edited by geo-rage at Nov 28, 2016,