I'm going to start tracking guitars at home, mainly because I have some good equipment and it seems with all the advancements in home recording it should be worthwhile. I would like to get serious about tracking at home, I have the 100w evh 5150 head and a two notes torpedo live unit, but I'm wondering what else I need as far as equipment to get some quality recordings using my gear. I assume I need an interface of some kind.

Also about software, I've heard good things about Reaper and Pro Tools, but I'd like to hear some suggestions/experiences.
Quote by CinderellaFan14
I'm going to start tracking guitars at home, mainly because I have some good equipment and it seems with all the advancements in home recording it should be worthwhile. I would like to get serious about tracking at home, I have the 100w evh 5150 head and a two notes torpedo live unit, but I'm wondering what else I need as far as equipment to get some quality recordings using my gear. I assume I need an interface of some kind.

Also about software, I've heard good things about Reaper and Pro Tools, but I'd like to hear some suggestions/experiences.
Your unit does have a USB port so methinks you can just run that directly into the CP. Although it is labeled under "Remote" so I am not sure. The thing I would be most worried about is the 100w maximum input for the Torpedo and the 100w rating of the head- likely you will be okay but if the Torpedo rating was too generous or the EVH head rating was too conservative, you may hurt your units. Of course you want the output of the head set to 8 ohms as the input of the Torpedo is 8ohms, from what I see. Make sure you are using a proper cab sim on the Torpedo as you are forgoing the actual cab.
I'd say get a two channel interface with mic input and guitar input. I'd probably mic the cab or use the xlr out of the torpedo into the audio interface or mix both.

Software - whatever works for you. I'm on Studio One as of now. There's lots of competition in that field, so whatever you feel comfortable with is best.