I want to get good metal and clean tube-like tone, without spending too much. It has to have 2 channels and 30 V power, or more. It would be awesome if it would be "pedal friendly". I cannot decide between Vox AV30 or Vox VT40X ( I heard that both are pretty good sounding and cheap hybrid amps, correct me if i'm wrong ) . Right now I'm little bit more into AV30 but Still, I'm not sure :/

If you ever played with one of these amps please write what you think
Thanks a lot!
Quote by MxMd
I want to get good metal and clean tube-like tone, without spending too much. It has to have 2 channels and 30 V power, or more. It would be awesome if it would be "pedal friendly". I cannot decide between Vox AV30 or Vox VT40X ( I heard that both are pretty good sounding and cheap hybrid amps, correct me if i'm wrong ) . Right now I'm little bit more into AV30 but Still, I'm not sure :/

If you ever played with one of these amps please write what you think
Thanks a lot!
30V power? I would think you might would want more than that... I presume you meant 30 watts.

The VOX modeling units are solid for what they are but they are not my first choice for modeling metal tones, more so on the clean/crunch kind of jive. Look for a used Peavey Vypyr Tube 60. "Cheap modeler" and "pedal-friendly" do not often go hand in hand, but the amps listed maybe are better than others.
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 26, 2016,
Best "effect friendly" amp for me has always been a clean channel with the least amount of colour added to tone.
To be fair I run two effects processors and an independent preamp. And independent EQ. And a sonic maximizer.
Quote by Diatribes
If you're going to run pedals, why do you need more than one channel?
Quote by Diatribes
Best "effect friendly" amp for me has always been a clean channel with the least amount of colour added to tone.
Quote by Diatribes
To be fair I run two effects processors and an independent preamp. And independent EQ. And a sonic maximizer.
Friend, try not to double or triple post- you can edit your first post if you forgot to mention something. This is not a chat room, it is a forum.

Some single-channel amps may not react as well to pedals (especially going from a clean to high-gain setting) compared to a similar amp with two channels. You can run a light boost like a TS9 on the clean channel, then switch to a second channel set with higher-gain and get a better sound. Depends on the amp. Plus we are looking at lower-end modeling amps anyway, pedal use should not be key here.
MxMd
"Good" and "cheap" aren't really bedfellows. You may have luck on the bay. I do. ?
I've heard good stuff recently regarding the 6505+ 112, which used is in the $400ish range
What's your price Point?
^ lol
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

What's your price Point?

Around 400 Bucks.

30V power? I would think you might would want more than that... I presume you meant 30 watts.

Yes I meant watts And nah... i'm looking for "Bedroom amp" I dont want something like 120 or 80 watts becouse i just don't need that much.

The VOX modeling units are solid for what they are but they are not my first choice for modeling metal tones, more so on the clean/crunch kind of jive.

Yes i cannot disagree, vox isn't brand from which you would expect good metal tone, but i heard that it is accualy very good especially in AV30.
Correct me if i'm wrong
Quote by MxMd
Yes i cannot disagree, vox isn't brand from which you would expect good metal tone, but i heard that it is accualy very good especially in AV30.
Correct me if i'm wrong
I have yet to try one personally, but what I hear from demos is exactly that- the cleans and crunch are good, but metal-levels of gain are iffy.

Wattage is not necessarily a matter of how much "power" you need but roughly how much clean headroom the amp has. The Tube 60 is 60w but that does not mean it is twice as loud as a 30w amp like the AV30. The Tube 60 will do metal tones better than the AV30 methinks- it is a safer buy for you.