I have about 350$ to buy a new peice of gear. Im going to go with either a Schecter Damien platnium 6 fr(used) or a boss me80. I play almost exclusively Megadeth and Metallica. I only have a metal muff and an epiphone spec II rn, so what should i get?
new amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by steamingsoupbeg
I have a 150 watt fender concert that i only use for cleans
Fender is just not the right "voicing" for metal. The Metal Muff is not that great a unit either. Adding another pedal (or a guitar) is putting a small bandaid on the injury. Especially if you are "playing exclusively Megadeth and Metallica". If you sell the concert you can get some serious kit that may make Kirk and Marty turn their heads.
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 27, 2016,
You can look at the Wampler Triple Wreck for a better distortion pedal.

I don't know what to say at this point...$350 might get you closer with say a used Valveking with an overdrive or if you amp has good clean tone that Wampler pedal I suggested.
a VK may not be a bad idea. it can do early thrash with a boost and EQ.

it is not a miracle amp though, TBH.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The concert was passed down from my dad to me. He lived in a neighborhood that got robbed constantly so he took off the logo and sraypainted the whole amp. It works fine, but i dont think people would buy because of that.
Sounds like you just need to decide what you want next. I would say that going for a guitar first would be my preference. Dunno how much I would want to play a Epi LP special. But if you like the guitar then multi effects would let you start learning different sounds and effects.
Gibson LP Standard T - Epiphone LP Standard (BCS wiring+pots, 57/57+ Gibson) - Fender FSR MIM Telecaster
Blackstar Series one 45 (v30's) - Jetcity JCA50h + 212cab (Eminence) - Orange Crush 35RT