Modern Soloing #1 - The first in a series of lessons focusing on progg/fusion soloing

So I've spent a lot of time making excersizes for myself and decided I should do something with them. So I present to you: modern Soloing! Shoot me a question if there is anything you want to know and subscribe!

I think there simply isn't enough information here to call it a lesson on modern soloing. It's a lesson on how to play this one lick, that's it. You give no context (apart from saying that it's mixolydian over dorian, which is more confusing than anything), and you don't even explain what you mean with "modern". Modern blues? Modern jazz? Contemporary classical? I mean, I can hear that you're going for a Periphery-ish djent/"progressive metal" sound but that's awfully specific for a lesson on "modern soloing".

I think you have nice production quality, you have a clear voice and a good camera, nice tone etc. and I think you have everything set for a nice youtube channel. But this lesson was simply "how to play this cool isolated lick" without much context or explanation, and that's not really ideal. I'd like to see you make more videos since you clearly have some chops and you have a good setup, but I wouldn't subscribe based on this one. Explain your stuff in more detail, label your videos correctly, and try to give the audience the impression that you know what you're talking about. Please keep making videos as you clearly have potential.

(Oh, and this is definitely the wrong subforum for this. This should be in the video forum or the lessons section. This thread will most likely be moved or closed shortly, so don't get surprised by that.) -Not relevant anymore, cheers Mark.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Moved to video forum
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thread was moved to forum: Lessons
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com