Hello. It's my first time posting here so sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I was given this guitar when i was little, probably about 15 years ago, from my auntie who played it when she was little. Thus the guitar itself is definitely 35+ years old. Neither she nor i have any idea what make of guitar this is, as she can't remember and i cant see any markings on the guitar. There seems to be a sticker scraped off on the head of the guitar which probably had the brand on. I learnt to play on a different guitar and so never really played this one.

Does anyone have any idea what guitar it could be or any idea of how i could find out? The back of the guitar has nothing of any value on so i haven't included a picture of that. The tremolo bar has been snapped off, the jack input is on its last legs and the switches are a bit dodgy. The stickers on the neck ive taken off since this picture and it shows the dots like normal guitars. My auntie must have put the on. I am planning on renovating the guitar and pimping it up so i would love to know and info about it.

Last edited by ThornXD at Nov 27, 2016,
No doubt a Teisco, But as to whos name was on the headstock? Teisco made guitars under quite a few different brand names, Off the top of my head I'd say its a Kawai G Holiday, But the same body shape could have been found on a Decca although the headstock isn't the same, the other I'm actually leaning to as you state it has dot inlays would be a Heit Deluxe,
It's probably more valuable NOT "pimped up."
Lots of brand possibilities, but, as nastytroll notes, probably manufactured originally by Tiesco.
There are folks out there who will repair what ails it.
nastytroll I have edited the post and added two more pictures showing the dots and the back. It does look like a Heit Deluxe but neck and headstock, as you say, do look different. Same with the Decca. Maybe not the original neck or the whole thing is a rip off. Thanks for your help.
dspellman Yeah maybe i will find out the value before i do anything to it. Thanks for your help.
Quote by ThornXD
nastytroll I have edited the post and added two more pictures showing the dots and the back. It does look like a Heit Deluxe but neck and headstock, as you say, do look different. Same with the Decca. Maybe not the original neck or the whole thing is a rip off. Thanks for your help.

Uh no. Not a rip off, That would be like counterfeiting a Squier, 3 piece neck, interesting, Now I'm leaning more back to the Kawai. Or the upper end of that style of body, Thing about Teisco was they made hundreds of department store brands, Thing could have been an S&H Green Stamp brand guitar, I'm sure your probably to young to remember that store, But some of the old timers here might get a laugh out of it, Meaning we may never know who it was made for, only who it was made by, And believe it or not these old 60's Japanese made guitars are quite collectable these days, So I'd take dspellman's advice and leave it as original as possible, Nice guitar by the way, I actually have a few of the old 60's Japanese guitars around here somewhere, in one state of I'm going to get around to restoring it someday or another,