Hello. So.. im a beginner, and i have a really bad amp, Stagg 10ga. I want to get a new one, but i can't really afford anything really expensive right now. My friend is selling these two amps, and i would love to buy one since hes selling them pretty cheap.

My question is, wich one is the best of these:

Laney TF100

or

Crate GX-80

They are both in great condition, used in home only.
Last edited by thierrysilva11 at Nov 27, 2016,
Out of those two, the Laney- only because it has a 12AX7 in it. If you answer these questions we may be able to suggest something else to you that may work for you better in the long run.

Budget?
Genres?
New or Used?
Home or Gig?
Closest City?
Current Gear?
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 27, 2016,
Quote by Will Lane
Out of those two, the Laney- only because it has a 12AX7 in it. If you answer these questions we may be able to suggest something else to you that may work for you better in the long run.

Budget?
Genres?
New or Used?
Home or Gig?
Closest City?
Current Gear?

To reply to your questions:

Budget - 0.01 to 100 euros
Genres - Hard Rock, Punk and clean tones sometimes
New or Used - Used
Home or Gig - Home
Closest City - Porto, Portugal
Current Gear - AMP: Stagg 10GA and guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Special II
I'd also say the Laney. The Crate could surprisingly sound decent with a speaker change, I had a friend that put in a Celestion on it as he had one laying around and that amp actually wasn't as bad as stock, had some good tones for solid state amp. That speaker mod will cost you $120 though so I wouldn't recommend at this price level.

Maybe look at the Yamaha THR range?
I will get the Laney then. I checked the Yamaha THR not many selling near me and the ones that i found are pretty expensive for me atm. [150-170 euros]