So I have a Yellow Ibanez RG350, the thing is that I will put some dimarzio liquifire/crunchlan on it, the pickups are black with green and with I think I will draw some stuff on it. So oil based sharpies or water based sharpies, do I seal it?

Will post pictures when finished.
You might want to see about using a computer and building a vinyl wrap to put on it instead. Same material they use to wrap Lamborghinis, but you can take your Sharpie design, scan it, put it on a wrap and put the wrap on your guitar. When you want to change it (or sell the guitar) it's easy enough to remove the wrap. Your original paint has been protected by the wrap and you can sell it for lots more than what you can with your drawing on the guitar itself.

Look up vinyl guitar wraps.
Well, the "solvent based permanent" Sharpies are actually using alcohol as the primary solvent,(I think).

No matter though, I think oil base would be preferable to water based sharpies.

And yes, you would absolutely have to clear coat over whatever type you use.

It might behoove you to do a test beforehand on something different, to make certain the clear coat isn't going to interfere with the Sharpie inks, (You know. make them bleed or run).

Another thing is, if you intend on using a lacquer clear, it could lift or bubble the paint on the guitar, should that be an enamel.

For clear coat, you might mask the guitar up, and drop it off a your friendly neighborhood body shop, and let them blast it with a coat of polyurethane clear, next time they mix up a batch for somebody's fender.

Just a thought. You would in all likelihood, get a practically dust free job, with a durable finish which wouldn't harm anything underneath it.
Quote by alvich
So I have a Yellow Ibanez RG350, the thing is that I will put some dimarzio liquifire/crunchlan on it, the pickups are black with green and with I think I will draw some stuff on it. So oil based sharpies or water based sharpies, do I seal it?

Will post pictures when finished.

Don't use the regular Sharpie markers!

Instead, get Sharpie's specialty paint markers like these: http://www.sharpie.com/en-US/sharpie-products/specialty-products/water-based-paint-marker---medium-point-sp-00075--1

You can use the Acrylic or Polycrylic clearcoat spraycans from your bigbox DIY stores to protect your art!