I didn't see a thread on this so...

Finally had a chance to listen to it a few times. Overall - not bad, definitely better than Load/Reload/St. Anger. I really like "Moth..." as it has that Iron Maiden harmony that is killer. The 3 singles they released are probably the best songs though...a lot of filler, especially CD 2.

Lars and Kirk should've been fired long time ago. Extremely boring leads on this one and repetitive, mediocre drumming.

Your thoughts?
Spit Out the Bone is actually pretty damned awesome.

Now that's what I'm fuckin talking about. Atlas, Rise! is also decent, but some of its riffing sounds ripped from Hallowed Be Thy Name. The solos are basically phoned in. The riffs are center stage throughout this album which is the way I prefer it these days, but the solos are so generic and missable/passable that it would have been better if they weren't there at all.

And most of the riffs aren't really that great either. The riffs are all designed to be half thrash, half Load/Reload era bleagh I don't even know what to call it.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Last edited by Kytokinesis at Nov 28, 2016,
Honestly most of it sounds like filler. However I was surprised by Spit Out the Bone and how good it was. It's easily the best song they've done since AJFA.

Also what the hell was with the Mayhem reference in the video for ManUnkind? It seems really out of place.
Last edited by Aoh legend at Nov 28, 2016,
There's some okay stuff on the album, and that's a feat for Metallica, but if we're honest with ourselves the album pales in comparison with other thrash and trad metal released this year. Attic, Vultures Vengeance, Ripper, Hemotoxin, Nuclear Devastation, Vektor, Cauldron, Elm Street, etc. all put Hardwired... to shame, so why even bother with it? Because its Metallica? I think that's just silly.
People still refer to Metallica as a legitimate metal band. That's cute.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
People still refer to Metallica as a legitimate metal band. That's cute.

Whoa dead fish, I guess you are the inspiration for man UNkind
Appending me to the creative process of a Metallica song is one of the greatest insults I've ever recieved. I am speechless, ashamed, and offended. Seriously bro, not cool.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
I can also edit your posts so it looks like you're praising me for insulting you.

I remember the mom jokes you made.
Those weren't jokes. She says she's very proud of you.
trust dead-fish to make his reappearance in a metallica thread
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Gotta agree with Dead-fish why are we still talking about these guys? They should be put out of their misery like a lame horse. Only one word needed to describe them GARBAGE.