All,
I need some help with my next steps on electric guitar.

Here is where I am:
- I can play basic guitar riffs. Play around 25 chords. Able to play pentatonic scales. Able to apply the chords to majority of the songs.
- Able to simple tabs and notes.
- It takes me a good amount of time to learn a medium complex riff. For ex). Christmas Canon Rock by Trans Siberian Orchestra. Its taking me several hrs to understand the tabs on the riffs.

Where I want to be:
- I need to be able to play at my church or among my friends
- Mainly interested in worship, rock songs.

My question:
- I seemed to be stagnant in what I know and struggling to move to the next level
- I'm doubting whether I'm in the right track in terms of learning. Am I on the right track?
- Should I be joining any courses or follow any books?
- What should I practice on a daily basis?
- Are there a list of steps to master electric guitar?

Please help... thanks a lot
Jack
Quote by jacksonsamuel
All,
I need some help with my next steps on electric guitar.

Here is where I am:
- I can play basic guitar riffs. Play around 25 chords. Able to play pentatonic scales. Able to apply the chords to majority of the songs.

- It takes me a good amount of time to learn a medium complex riff. For ex). Christmas Canon Rock by Trans Siberian Orchestra. Its taking me several hrs to understand the tabs on the riffs.

This will be no doubt moved to a more appropriate forurm. But what you need to notice while you're attempting to learn is what the relationship of the riff is to the chords and scales that form the basis of the song. Once you can recognize that relationship quickly, you'll "grok" the riffs quickly as well.
dspellman
Sorry about posting this to a wrong forum. Please let me know where should I move this and thanks for the quick tip.
You should take some lessons. Getting professional feedback can find the wholes in your learning and grow you as a guitarist.
Gibson LP Standard T - Epiphone LP Standard (BCS wiring+pots, 57/57+ Gibson) - Fender FSR MIM Telecaster
Blackstar Series one 45 (v30's) - Jetcity JCA50h + 212cab (Eminence) - Orange Crush 35RT