Looking for suggestions on computer software that can take a song and separated say the different tracks.
(I.e., drums from the bass from the guitar. etc.)
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by ki7cat1 at Nov 29, 2016,
Yea man, songs don't work like that.

Best you can do is to plug your headphones in half way through to get a sort of voice cancellation effect. You have to hold it just right.

Alternatively, if you have a computer with Windows 7 or higher (I think?) there's an option for voice cancellation, (along with some other nifty features like pitch shift and equalization etc.) but it literally does the same thing. I use it all the time. Look around for it in your speaker properties.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Couldn't you shoot the artist an email asking for masters?
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
Not possible. The only thing remotely close is center panned isolation or removal, but it also degrades the quality.

I used to rip .mogg's from guitar hero and rock band, but the later stuff has some sort of protection and I couldn't get around it.
Like others have said, you need the masters for that, but you can use Transcribe to play around with the EQ to at least get karaoke versions of your mp3's.
Quote by Ignite
Not possible. The only thing remotely close is center panned isolation or removal, but it also degrades the quality.

I used to rip .mogg's from guitar hero and rock band, but the later stuff has some sort of protection and I couldn't get around it.
Also, Guitar Hero and Rock Band don't use the original masters, but very similar cover versions of the songs.
^the first few games used covers but the later ones actually got quite a few masters
i miss the old kanye
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Couldn't you shoot the artist an email asking for masters?

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by ki7cat1
Looking for suggestions on computer software that can take a song and separated say the different tracks.
(I.e., drums from the bass from the guitar. etc.)
Thanks in advance.
nah not possible with a typical mp3/two-channel recording.

you would need the master audio tracks. and i imagine getting those is a lot of effort and not cheap.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I didn't know that. Neato.

yeah dude there are a bunch of guitar backing tracks that are really awesome that use the rockband masters if you google for em
i miss the old kanye