I found a local 5150 212 combo for $400 and I'm probably going to get it. I am a fan of celestion g12h speakers and prefer them to vintage 30's. I am thinking of swapping the stock speakers 2 gh12h's and I want to know if that will work since they are only 30 watts each and the combo is 60 watts. Also anybody have any experience with the g12h speakers in a 5150 212? If so how do they sound?
You're good to go on the power. Whether wired in series or parallel, the power handling will be the lowest rated speaker multiplied by the number of speakers. So, in this case, 30 watts x 2, equals 60 watts.

For example: If one speaker was rated, say, 15 watts, and the other was 100 watts, it would be 15W x 2 = 30W (this doesn't apply to you, just clarifying how to calculate such things).
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
You should be ok, but at an exact match I wouldn't crank the amp to max. Another options is the WGS Reaper HP. The standard WGS Reaper is rated at 30W and is supposed to be a drop in replacement for a G12H30, The HP version is rated at 50W which would give you a 100W rating for your amp.
Quote by guitarsngear
You should be ok, but at an exact match I wouldn't crank the amp to max. Another options is the WGS Reaper HP. The standard WGS Reaper is rated at 30W and is supposed to be a drop in replacement for a G12H30, The HP version is rated at 50W which would give you a 100W rating for your amp.

^^+1 to all of that. Technically you should be fine. See if you can find an efficiency rating for those g12h speakers. If they are even close to as efficient as V 30s, then you will likely never, ever, ever get close to needing the full volume that amp can produce. But if they're inefficient, you may find yourself having to crank the amp pretty high in a band situation. I have had speakers (Celestion G12-S50s) that were far, far quieter than my Eminence Governors. I had to turn my 6505 up 1.5 numbers on the dial to reach the same volume, which is saying a lot. But likely, you won't have any problems whatsoever.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
is the 5150 2x12 only 60 watts? I sort of assumed it was 100...

EDIT: ah I guess it is if tsuzu01 said so since he owns it.

there's also the creamback version of the g12h30 (i haven't tried it, though) if you're really scared of the power handling thing.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Yep, the 5150 212 combo is 60W - only has two 6L6 power tubes.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
^ thanks. celestions (at least most of them) do have the rep of being pretty conservatively-rated, so the g12h30 may well be just fine (you could email celestion to ask if you want to be sure). whether you want to take the risk, though, is the thing...
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

go k100 and i bet you won't go back.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/