Hey guys,

i really need your help. I love to play guitar, but if it comes to effects im like a hardcore noob.
I usually use the same setting for some overdrive or clean sound and im done.
Mostly the topic "effects" is too much for me so i surrender

But i watched a video and instantly fall in love with the sound.

Here is the link:

Its like the sound slowly fades in and shimmers very long. Like a nice reverb but i cant say what it is.

If you could help me what i need to achive that sound i would be a very happy

My Setup is a ES335 with 2 humbuckers and a small tube amp (with effect loop).

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

PS: Sorry for my english.. im no native speaker.
Last edited by ertl at Nov 29, 2016,
Honestly that video probably isn't live and the fading sound you're describing is a volume swell and the player is trying to emulate the sound of a lap steel guitar.

You might be able to get something similar with some reverb, a slide and a volume pedal or your volume knob if you are quick enough with it but in this case a lot of it I think is done in post production.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
volume pedal with some heavy reverb probably a hall setting.. will take some practice to coordinate the volume swells with your picking but not that hard to achieve.
Tambourine foot

Quote by monwobobbo
volume pedal with some heavy reverb probably a hall setting.. will take some practice to coordinate the volume swells with your picking but not that hard to achieve.

I agree a volume pedal with some hall reverb and some practice is gonna be your best bet.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I'd agree with all above but would add that it would sound even more awesome with some delay too.
Thanks to all of you for taking time to answer my question

I think "Volume swell" is the key. I will try that for shure.
And its time apparently to get some nice hall/delay effects.

Thanks again for your help.