I recently had the chance to play a seagull guitar. Hands down, best acoustic I've ever played. But I went to look into the brand shortly after, and it's all quite confusing. Could someone tell me which series are higher end and which ones are lower end? All I know is I want one with a satin finish, cutaway, and electronics. I plan to take this guitar with me on extended road trips, and for small gigs. I'm trying to figure out which type of seagull I should buy, but their product descriptions are so vague, I'm having difficulty figuring this out. If anyone could offer some advice on which series are good for what, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I've read that most Seagull guitars have laminate back and sides, which I am assuming is not a good thing, but what's your opinions? And do you prefer folk cutaway or dreadnaught cutaway?
I've played a fair number. They are part of the LaSiDo range, which includes Norman, Art & Lutherie, La Patrie and Godin, maybe others. They have a good reputation and there have been a lot I liked, but I think that they might recently have gone to epoxied neck joints from bolt-on, which I most definitely don't like. I can't help you with the quality of their electronics.

IMO, there is absolutely nothing wrong in general with laminated bodies, and it may be a plus in workhorse guitars that get a lot of road use. You have to judge each guitar on its individual merits. I like tight and bright in laminate a lot better than big, boomy and ill-defined in solid. - My favourite for fingerpicking is all-laminate, including the top.

Preferences are a personal thing, and again it comes down to individual guitars. I personally mostly like dreads, but they have to be tight-sounding with a well-defined bass. If you are mostly interested in its amplified sounds, I don't think that size matter much, and small can be better on a small stage. I find a cutaway useful when playing slide, but it isn't a deal breaker.
I have gigged with a Seagull S6+ for 15 years and still love this guitar. I also own a vintage Yamaha FG 180 which is quite good but generally prefer the Seagull. Mine is from 2001 and I am sure models and features have changed some but build quality is still very good. I guess you just need to figure out what you want from a guitar and see if Seagull offers one at a fair price within your budget. Yamaha, Recording King, and Takamine also offer quality guitars at a similar price point.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis
Seagull makes a great sounding guitar for a surprising price. I think only the Normans are "better" in the acoustic Godin products.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
I tried one of their parlor guitars all light coloured woods very bright clear sound very playable and cheap really liked it.
I own two, a Burgundy Entourage Rustic QI, and an Artist Mosaic.
Short version, if it doesn't say SWS or Artist, it's probably got a laminate back and sides. SWS is more or less mid-tier, Artist is top.
Laminate back/sides isn't bad, but going all-solid will naturally cost more. I naturally gravitate towards dreadnought or larger, so I can't really speak to that point.

I have two six string acoustics that I alternate between playing, my Seagull Artist Mosaic and my Taylor GS5. They're both cedar-top, mahogany back/sides, but have very different voices, and if I could only keep one, it would be extremely difficult to choose. Says something since the Taylor cost twice as much brand new.
Pretty hard to find a better guitar in the same price range but in the end its a matter of preference, As to Lam back and sides? The top is the actual sound board the back and sides are just the box, Granted there is a bit of difference between an all solid wood guitar and a lam back, But depending on the guitar you'd be hard pressed to notice it by ear, By wallet? Oh yea big difference and you'll notice it, Robert Godin actually developed the high pressure lamination process that Taylor, Martin and a few other higher end brand use today, So what's that tell you? Robert Godin is kind of a funny duck, Wont outsource his guitars to Asia or Mexico and uses mostly renewable North American materials, Yea he's one of those people, All his guitars are built in Canada, and he outsources his solid body electrics to the USA, Yea Go figure, I play an old 05 Entourage, been beating the crap out of it sense I bought it new, Shown no signs of giving up anytime soon and is my main go to open mic night guitars, I can replace that one easy enough if damaged or stolen, My others not so much,
for me, the best sounding seagull guitar isn't one of their higher end models - it's the original S6. i loved mine, and had i not damaged my shoulder, i'd still have it.

here are links to all the seagull series
http://www.seagullguitars.com/en/products/guitars

if you want to know if a wood is solid or lam, look on the right at the squares
http://www.seagullguitars.com/en/products/37-s6-original
they'll say solid if the wood is solid but won't say solid if the wood is lam. and all the guitar's specs are below that on the right.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!