Poll Options
View poll results: more awk
pooping and being heard
27 75%
hearing the pooping
9 25%
Voters: 36.
Page 1 of 2
Pooping in a public restroom and having a guy at the urinal on the other side of the wall

-or-

Being the guy at the urinal and hearing someone next to you pooping
It was my privilege
it's only awkward when you come face to face with the other person because one of you knows the other one has been shitting

that's why you wait until they leave or vice versa

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
both listening to someone's shit grunts and the occasional grunts i've heard from people at the urinal who sound like they're passing a stone.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
your username is very relevant for this thread, jake.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
it's only awkward when you come face to face with the other person because one of you knows the other one has been shitting

that's why you wait until they leave or vice versa

Correct answer
Hearing someone poop is having access to a profoundly human vulnerability. It's why I wait until they come out and then give them a hug while repeating the phrase "It's okay."
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
I've heard someone poop while loudly talking to his wife on his mobile about dinner plans.

guy is some suave buff guy too. guess his looks made him so confident that he just does whatever in the toilet with no shame
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Hearing the pooping is more awkward but also funnier.

Sometimes I deliberately take my time at the urinal and sink when I know a dude is trying to hold it until I leave because I enjoy messing with people on a small level and asserting my dominance.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
the other day I was at some shitty Japanese restaurant and I went to pee before leaving and it was this tiny ass bathroom with 1 stall and 1 urinal and they were right next to each other. There was a dude in the stall and the wall was so short (and I'm tall) that I could see right over it without even trying. So the whole time I peed I held my head cocked to the right so I wouldn't see into the stall at the poor dude just trying to have a shit
It was my privilege
Quote by StewieSwan
the other day I was at some shitty Japanese restaurant and I went to pee before leaving and it was this tiny ass bathroom with 1 stall and 1 urinal and they were right next to each other. There was a dude in the stall and the wall was so short (and I'm tall) that I could see right over it without even trying. So the whole time I peed I held my head cocked to the right so I wouldn't see into the stall at the poor dude just trying to have a shit

Next time try to maintain eye contact.

He will feel like less of a whore.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I tend to find an empty lavatory if at all possible. Cubicles are of course better.
i went to a show over the summer and the venue had some old dude in the bathroom handing out towels.

the bathroom was big enough for a stall, a urinal, a sink, the 4x4 ft space to walk, and the old guy.

kind of uncomfortable.

felt a bit bad for the guy having to sit in there.

shit venue in general. only reason the show was there was because the good one a few streets down has been under renovation.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
everybody poops. you go in, do your business, and get out- nothing to be ashamed of.

seriously whats the big deal. are we still in grade school or what.
are you anticipating this 2nite?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
are you anticipating this 2nite?

got I hope so
It was my privilege
There's a guy in work who's shits sound like a shotgun going off. I've never quite been able to stomach waiting to see who it is. Why put so much effort into ejecting faeces?

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen
I'd say doing the pooping is more awkward but I also avoid pooping in public restrooms at all costs anyway. Some things are best done at home.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Hearing someone poop is having access to a profoundly human vulnerability. It's why I wait until they come out and then give them a hug while repeating the phrase "It's okay."

I'm on lunch break at work but before lunch I was in the bathroom to make a deposit, I had just finished and was about to head to the sink but before I had left the stall some unfortunate gentleman came rushing into the stall next to me, slammed the door, slammed the lid on the toilet and before he could even get his pants all the way down and sit it sounded like someone threw a bucket of water into the toilet along with some very unpleasant farting sounds.

This poor guy was one or two seconds away from shitting himself and having to leave work he would have been bumming if both stalls had been occupied!

Talk about vunerable and needing a hug

I'm just glad I was done, I evacuated my stall immediately hit the lavatory and exited the washroom to leave this guy to recover from his trauma in solitude.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Nov 30, 2016,
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
I don't give a shit

heh
It was my privilege
It's more awkward to hear someone pooping for me... only because I find fart noises to be insanely hilarious. So, when a squeaker escapes the stall, it's all I can do to keep from busting out laughing. Heck, I laugh at my own farts and applaud my own toilet thunder.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by Will Lane

Tbh youre prolly young enough to still be there

You know you have to be 13 to sign up rite?
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Will Lane
everybody poops. you go in, do your business, and get out- nothing to be ashamed of.

well the peeing one is a difficult personal history and the fact that I am much more a grower than a shower.

the pooping one is that I'm at a university and fairly thirsty and as far as I know a good way of getting potential mates is not for them to hear you shitting in the toilet adjacent to the computer room
I let it rip regardless. Often times I'll talk to them, too.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Proper urinal etiquette as demonstrated by the fine boys down in Letterkenny:

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
i hardly use urinals anymore because i've had too many dudes choose the one right next to me when there are 5 other open ones available.

then there's the time my grandfather creeped up behind me and grabbed my shoulder and i nearly elbowed him in the face.
If you've got to take a shit you've got to take a shit. Fucks sake. We all do it. Needs to be done. And who doesn't have a look in the bowl afterwards?

What do you think this is, the court of Elizabeth I or something? Put it in one end it'll come out the other, minus whatever the body absorbs.
Last edited by kjt1981 at Nov 30, 2016,
Neither. You shit, I shit, we all shit. What kind of prissy-ass gets "awkward" about it?
Quote by dspellman
Neither. You shit, I shit, we all shit. What kind of prissy-ass gets "awkward" about it?

we all jack off, too, but I don't want to hear someone doing it
It was my privilege
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Tbh youre prolly young enough to still be there

You know you have to be 13 to sign up rite?
i'm 14 get at me
Doing a shit in public and you don't wanna be that guy that walks out after doing a shit and you wait for the bathroom to be free of people but people keep fucking coming in hmd
My friends took me into the mens' room when I was in grade school to show me a giant dump in the urinal.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Would be more awkward if they were pooping in the urinal.
nm then it's been covered.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The former for sure. I almost never go number 2 in public because you have to worry about volume and odor (and sanitation, but that's not relevant to the question). But with peeing, neither of you see face to face and it's something you should expect to walk in on. Or darn well better.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Most awkward -- using a unisex bathroom with stalls and trying to pinch a loaf while the girl in the stall next to you is casually chatting with you.

True story.
Hi, I'm Peter
I think it's hilarious hearing somebody else take a shit. Farts make me laugh.
Few Fenders, few Gibsons, few amps & other stuff.
the old lady across the building and downstairs from me, told me she can hear my cute neighbor across the building from me, taking dumps above her. this was only like the third time I had ever talked to her.
Page 1 of 2