I am looking to restring my new Fender Mustang when I receive it but I am unsure what strings to put on the guitar. I am looking for strings that will not be too loose when tuning between E Standard and half a step down.
"Best Strings" is a can of worms because strings are really a preference kind of thing. Brand, gauge, type, etc. All preference.

If I was going to be using my guitar in the same fashion you are using yours, My preference would be Ernie Ball Slinkies 10's (green package).
Fender says it comes with 10's. So wait until you get the guitar and see how it feels with the 10's - in both standard and down a 1/2 step. That will be your best judge.

Fender also says that it's a 24" scale so if the 10's are too floppy down a 1/2 step look into some 11's or a hybrid type of setup with 10's on the high strings and 11's on the low strings.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)

Amps:
Mesa Dual Rec Roadster 212
Peavey 5150 212 with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
I like my strings like I like my beer.... free!
Gibson LP Standard T - Epiphone LP Standard (BCS wiring+pots, 57/57+ Gibson) - Fender FSR MIM Telecaster
Blackstar Series one 45 (v30's) - Jetcity JCA50h + 212cab (Eminence) - Orange Crush 35RT
I really like the Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms, but as others have said it's all preference.
experiment. strings are cheap.

its about the journey not the destination.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/