Okay so I ended up getting a carvin mts 3200. The 2x12 combo. It does exactly what I need it to do. It sounds acceptable and has plenty of volume for any gig I wanna do really.
ao my problem is, whenever I play it makes a crackly fizzy static noise. It hums all the time, but that's fine. It's because I use single coils I think. It only makes the staticky sound when I play. If I let my guitar sit there it won't do it. Only while I am actually playing. And it gets worse the longer I play. Like as the amp warms up. But I don't think a tube has gone bad. I think they are all okay. It sounds good otherwise. But maybe I'm wrong.
So what could this be?
I appreciate it guys
Quote by Lgarretto
Okay so I ended up getting a carvin mts 3200. The 2x12 combo. It does exactly what I need it to do. It sounds acceptable and has plenty of volume for any gig I wanna do really. ao my problem is, whenever I play it makes a crackly fizzy static noise. It hums all the time, but that's fine. It's because I use single coils I think. It only makes the staticky sound when I play. If I let my guitar sit there it won't do it. Only while I am actually playing. And it gets worse the longer I play. Like as the amp warms up. But I don't think a tube has gone bad. I think they are all okay. It sounds good otherwise. But maybe I'm wrong.
So what could this be? I appreciate it guys
Well, thinking they are all okay is not the same as them all being okay... Try a known-good preamp tube through all the preamp positions. If the amp has an effects loop, try plugging the guitar directly into the return, which will bypass the preamp and just show you if the poweramp is good. If not, try a matched set of power tubes and adjust the bias if you need to and check out if that fixes it.

Also a cell phone in the pocket or on the amp, or close to your musical equipment in general, can definitely cause this issue as well. Try to keep EMI sources away from your gear as much as possible.
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 30, 2016,
clean your tube sockets and jacks. deoxit works wonders.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/