So I have 2 questions!

1. Whenever I play chromatic scales fast, I get a problem. I pluck the first string 4 times: down up down up, and this last up pluck, just before going on to the next string, is silent. I just can't pluck it. I have been playing for 9 years, and I never practised chromatic scales. Could that be the problem? Should I just pratcise to a metronome?

2. When I play triplets, I pluck: down up down (next string) up down up (next string) down up down,... On the second string, when I pluck "up down up", the last "up" also isn't heard, I just can't pluck it, just like with the chromatic scales. This is just when I play fast! Should I also practise this to a metronome? Could this be because of the way I hold my pick? I use jazz 1 picks (very small picks), and sometimes I can pluck that note, sometimes not. Maybe it's because of how I hold it? I don't know :P
Oh, and just letting you know: I know that the problem is my right hand (I'm right handed), not my left hand.
You have to slow right down, and minutely examine what your picking hand is doing when the problem occurs ... it sounds like an angle issue of some sort, or maybe you are lifting your hand away from the strings. If you can, video yourself and watch. I'll also lay money that, since you're now very aware of this issue, you will tense up (even not aware of doing this) as the situation gets closer to being executed. Again, play really slow (with metronome), and be in no rush to speed up. Try maybe 30 mins a day (with short breaks), doing this at around 40 bpm, 1 note per click, say for a fortnight ... then try a reasonable speed.
https://soundcloud.com/jerry-kramskoy-1
Don't be afraid to play three notes rather than 4 and simply switch positions more often - especially if you're doing triplets. Django would fly all over the fretboard using only two fingers, due to an injury. Rather than fight with what are awkward fingerings and picking combinations, sometimes it pays off to use something else, even if it seems like cheating.
Quote by jerrykramskoy
You have to slow right down, and minutely examine what your picking hand is doing when the problem occurs ... it sounds like an angle issue of some sort, or maybe you are lifting your hand away from the strings. If you can, video yourself and watch. I'll also lay money that, since you're now very aware of this issue, you will tense up (even not aware of doing this) as the situation gets closer to being executed. Again, play really slow (with metronome), and be in no rush to speed up. Try maybe 30 mins a day (with short breaks), doing this at around 40 bpm, 1 note per click, say for a fortnight ... then try a reasonable speed.

I figured it out! Yes, I get really tens, and I was playing at the wrong angle because of that! I was also doing very big moves! Now I'm completly relaxed, and doing small and fast moves! And it works! Thanks!
Metronome.

Sounds like a technique issue. Choking up before a string skip is pretty normal, just means you have some tension or pick angle issues. Maybe a wiggly thumb.

Set the metronome to 60 and just work on your alt picking with the left hand just muting the strings. Do 4 bars of quarter notes on each string, then 4 bars of 8ths, triplets, and 16ths. Then half a of measure on each string, same rhythms.

Then do the same thing with a string skip, ie doing E string, G, B, D, G, A, D, E (every other string descending), or make up your own patterns.

And make sure to accent the beats.
Colja123 Good stuff! It is amazing how often the mind gets in the way!
https://soundcloud.com/jerry-kramskoy-1