I decided to apply for Wintersun (In case you didn't know they're looking for a 2nd live guitarist) so I wanted to share my clips with backing tracks. Enjoy

Anyone else applying from here?
Quote by theogonia777
Just wondering, but were all of those first takes?

Not necessarily, I played all the clips a few times and chose the best ones afterwards. So some are first takes and some second or third.

Of course I've practiced every clip like hell before I shot anything. Luckily I've been playing Wintersun quite a lot some years ago so actually I didn't have to learn any of these from scratch
Quote by Kasu-_-
Not necessarily, I played all the clips a few times and chose the best ones afterwards. So some are first takes and some second or third.

Of course I've practiced every clip like hell before I shot anything. Luckily I've been playing Wintersun quite a lot some years ago so actually I didn't have to learn any of these from scratch

Well, that's nice. But in a live situation, you don't get additional takes. And keep in mind that playing in your bedroom studio is probably the least pressure situation for a performance. Doing a few 30 second sections of a few songs that took a couple of tries in your bedroom is very different than playing the whole set -- live, in real time, and all in one attempt -- in front of possibly hundreds of people. Are you confident that you could perform the material adequately under those conditions?
*your ad here*
Quote by theogonia777
Well, that's nice. But in a live situation, you don't get additional takes. And keep in mind that playing in your bedroom studio is probably the least pressure situation for a performance. Doing a few 30 second sections of a few songs that took a couple of tries in your bedroom is very different than playing the whole set -- live, in real time, and all in one attempt -- in front of possibly hundreds of people. Are you confident that you could perform the material adequately under those conditions?

Well the takes weren't that different and maybe any of them could've been used and a normal listener wouldn't have noticed difference. I just chose the absolute best ones because I couldn't allow my "take one ego" to ruin this kind of opportunity

I've played live quite a lot and also in front of hundreds of people so I acknowledge it's harder but absolutely doable IMHO. I don't suppose it would be easy in any way. And I love challenges
Fair enough. Just making sure you have an idea what you actually have in store. I've known plenty of "bedroom warriors" that think that they're all that because they can do x, y, and z under no pressure only to find out that they can't get it done live.
*your ad here*