So I bought my first floyd rose recently and from what I know I've set it up correctly. I play in drop B with 11-56's and I've set it up so the tremolo is in line with the body and all my strings stay in tune, apart from the low B. Can anyone tell me why? It tunes down half a step or so nearly everytime I use the guitar for a short amount of time.
Can be many things...

Probably you didn't stretch the string right, or it's not properly locked either at the nut or bridge saddle.

Does it go out of tune when playing "normally" or when using the whammy bar or both?

Also, is the Floyd Rose Original, Special or Licensed? If it's Licensed, well, don't expect amazing tuning stability.
I have a Kramer Assault 220 FR so It's not a properly licensed FR and it goes out of tune in both playing styles. After I posted this I picked it up and started playing and the Low B came flying off from the bridge, so I put it back in and tightened it and I think It's staying in tune. I'll have to see though.
Only the low B is coming out of tune but the rest of the strings are staying in tune? Is the bridge laying parallel to the body still?

One string coming out of tune that far should affect the tuning of all of the other stings if things are setup correctly.

Try lubing the knife edges with some chapstick (seriously) and make sure you get the baseplate parallel to the body.

Also make sure you stretch those strings. I only use 10's but the thicker the string the longer it takes to stretch and stabilize. I normally tune up about 3/4 of a step when I put strings in a Floyd to help stretch them out.

Don't lock in the nut until after all of the strings are properly stretched.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by 11traversd
I have a Kramer Assault 220 FR so It's not a properly licensed FR and it goes out of tune in both playing styles. After I posted this I picked it up and started playing and the Low B came flying off from the bridge, so I put it back in and tightened it and I think It's staying in tune. I'll have to see though.

Yeah, the string wasn't locked properly at the bridge.

And do what metalmingee said. Lubing the knife edges with chapstick definitely helps with tuning stability on cheaper Floyds.
+1 on the stretching of strings.. also noted is quality of LFR... Schaller (Germany), Takeuchi and Gotoh (Japan) make better quality LFR.. OFR is also good..

other LFR are a hit miss, the locking nut strips and knife edge durability is in question because of quality of metal used is not as nice.. Titanium is best but the price is high.. my guitar came with a Takeuchi LFR and it is very good for 97' guitar.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
It seems to be staying in tune. but now I have another problem. The socket that my whammy bar goes in has come loose and I don't know how to fix that. Anyone else have insight?
Can you share a link to picture similar to your LFR?
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Quote by 11traversd
It seems to be staying in tune. but now I have another problem. The socket that my whammy bar goes in has come loose and I don't know how to fix that. Anyone else have insight?

Your FR probably has something on the back (you know, where the springs are and stuff) with a socket for an allen wrench to tighten the whammy bar socket.

As psp said, it's best if you put some pics.