I've got one of these and I dig it, but I'm mainly a guitar player, I'd call myself competent with bass but it isn't my first instrument. Have you played one and if so, what did you think of it?
Never heard of these before now. Very unique looking. Funky. Kind of looks like the love child of Prince's guitar and maybe a Pedulla. If you dig your bass, that's really all that matters.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
They were supposed to be well-made, and I liked the idea of the ebony fretboard, but they Wylde was as ugly as sin. I never had the chance to play one. Frankly; I think that some of the Prestige guitars that were discontinued along with the Wylde bass were nicer than some of the ones they offer now.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I do dig the bass, though I had to do some serious adjustment to it to get it playable. The bridge on the thing had such a high profile that you couldn't adjust the strings into a reasonable action height. They'd bottom out on the body of the bridge before getting low enough. My guess is that the bridge on it was not stock, perhaps added after the fact to sell the unit. The replacement looks flawless though, so I dunno. But yeah, I was able to grind the grooves down a bit, adjust the truss rod, intonation, etc., and come up with a very sweet feeling bass.

The appearance is pretty off-putting if you're not into it, I do like it though. Works for me. And it ends up being a conversation piece when bassists visit the studio and see it.
I've got a 1st gen Fender Dimension that I had bridge issues with, as well. I ended up filing down the bottom of the saddles to get it to my desired height. I also have a conversational piece bass, but it's not a player. I turned it into a floor lamp.

"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"