I have £200 and am wondering what I should get for my bedroom. I'm mainly looking at at 2 options: BIAS FX or an Amp. All I need for bias is a license(£37 standard or £127 professional) and some monitors which i can spend with the remaining money. I already have an audio interface. Or I could just spend £200 on an amp (boss Katana 50 is something I've got my eye on). I like to play heavy metal so which one would be the best for me? Or is there any other options that I could take?
multi-fx unit with headphones is the other option. totally up to you. some like to have an actual amp others don't care as much.
Quote by 11traversd
I have £200 and am wondering what I should get for my bedroom. I'm mainly looking at at 2 options: BIAS FX or an Amp. All I need for bias is a license(£37 standard or £127 professional) and some monitors which i can spend with the remaining money. I already have an audio interface. Or I could just spend £200 on an amp (boss Katana 50 is something I've got my eye on). I like to play heavy metal so which one would be the best for me? Or is there any other options that I could take?
Out of the options listed, I would say FX is solid for bedroom use. If you can swing it, get BIAS Amps as well and integrate it with FX, as I thought the stock amps in FX are a little lacking. You can get some decent quality headphones as well with the money left over.
Bias FX is a full guitar VST suite. It has amps as well as effects like chorus/delays and other things like rack style compressors etc... You can download amps and tones people make via their tonecloud feature as well.

Bias AMP is strictly an amp modelling VST and is catered around that. It has amps/cabs as well as the option to edit some of the components of an amp to change some of the character of it. You also get something called tone matching in which you can use it to copy tones from raw guitsr tracks youve recorded or found. It doesnt have any effects though so you will have to get those elsewhere.

I would probably say for most people they probably want Bias FX over amp. Personally though I own Bias amp cause I prefer the features.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I know that some folks (HAT3BR33D3R being one of them I think) prefer using external VSTs for their effects, as the ones in BIAS FX aren't spectacular (not terrible, though). As mentioned, BIAS Amp is more effective if you only need amp modeling.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
I know that some folks (HAT3BR33D3R being one of them I think) prefer using external VSTs for their effects, as the ones in BIAS FX aren't spectacular (not terrible, though). As mentioned, BIAS Amp is more effective if you only need amp modeling.

I general I do prefer using external VSTs for effects like verbs, delays, modulation etc...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I use Bias FX professional. I love it, but I use it for daily practic and thats about it. I'm not trying to get amazing recording tones or spend lots of time creating amp sounds. I more or less want to turn it on, have something that sounds great with little time spent making adjustments. When i do recordings to take new riffs to band practice it sounds good enough to let my bandmates hear it and get started to work on something new.

Great tool!

If you plan on jamming with other people outside of your house anytime soon, which I recommend, I would get an amp. Jamming with people on a cheap amp far outweighs having a killer PC tone alone at home! Its all about collaboration IMO.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '15 Epi LP Standard with 57/57+ Gibbys
Blackstar S1-45, Marshall DSL100H, JetCity JCA50H