Hey guys, new member here. Was just wondering if someone here has any experience with a Marshall MG30CFX solid state amp. If so, what settings can I use on it to get a blues tone? I know my amp isn't that great but I won't be getting a new amp until sometime next year. Currently using an MIM Standard Strat and a tubescreamer. Thanks for the help
I don't have the amp, but I would suggest setting the tone controls ( EQ) flat (i.e. pointing straight up) and set the Gain control low enough that you're somewhere in between a clean tone and a slightly dirty tone. You should be able to strum chords quietly and hear all the notes cleanly and when you dig in louder it should breakup a bit. Adjust the master volume to set your overall volume once you get the right balance of saturation.

Make sure your reverb is on - don't use any other effects. It isn't blues without reverb!

Then use your tubescreamer to boost your signal into overdrive for leads. Set it relatively flat and don't over do it on the gain.

Adjust the EQ on the amp to tweak any trouble spots

Set all of these tones to your neck pickup - that should be your primary tone and use the bridge or in between positions when you want to mix things up.
try just using the clean channel with a little reverb and adjust the tube screamer to a slight amount of gain.

mids to taste.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Try the Crunch channel. Gain maybe at 12 o'clock. Max the volume, adjust master to taste. Set the EQ controls flat (12 o'clock), and go from there. I think you would want to boost the bass a bit with a Strat-style guitar. Use a bit of reverb. You could also try the Clean channel, and max the gain. I would not use the Tubescreamer with the amp, the MG's do not take pedals well.

And yes, the MG is not a good amp really at all. If you save some money, you can find a Used Peavey Valveking (Version 1) for around $200 USD and the tones will be a lot better.
Quote by gregs1020
try just using the clean channel with a little reverb and adjust the tube screamer to a slight amount of gain.

mids to taste.

This is what I would do if I was stuck with an MG and I wanted more traditional blues tones.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by gregs1020

mids to taste.

yeah about the best you can do. afterwards write MG Blues as getting a blues tone out of that amp likely will never really work.
Thanks for all the tips guys. Was able to get a pretty decent tone by playing around with the tubescreamer through the clean channel. All good for now. Just need to make up my mind on which amp to replace this MG with
Quote by gregs1020

mids to taste.
Yeah definitely. One of the things I remember about having an MG30 was that "edge of breakup" wasn't really something it did, so I'd give that job entirely to the OD.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one