ITS SG JUINOUR 60 verision
P90 change to gibson humberckrs

the second guitar its
Jackson dk2l
Bridge pickup changes to seymour duncan sh13 dimebucker

and im going to buy this guitar
in next week
so i really need ur help
1) you probably shouldn't plan on changing pickups until you've tried the guitar out on your own rig. In addition, while I don't know those 2 guitars in particular, I do know that- generally speaking- HBs and P90s are different from each other not only in tone, but in shape, so your plan for the SG might not work out too well. Also, P90s can do metal and rock- ask Tony Iommi.

2) for the best help, you should be able to answer the questions found here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497696

3) in the meantime, here are some retailers who might have other options that suit you:

http://leftyfretz.com/
http://www.southpawguitars.com/
http://www.adirondackguitar.com/lefty/LHMenu.htm
http://www.jerrysleftyguitars.com/
http://leftyguitarsonly.com/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz maybe those modifications have already been done.

They're vastly different guitars, so it's hard to say which you'll like more. The SG is a classic shape with a shorter scale length, while the Jackson is a more modern shape with a longer scale length. The SG has a fixed bridge, the Jackson has a floating bridge. I'm not sure which SG you're talking about, but the SG Junior '60s only has one pickup and the Jackson is HSS.

I'd choose which spec you like most, factoring in that you may want a longer scale length if you're tuning down a lot. That you might not want a floating bridge if you're changing tuning often or just don't want to deal with a floating bridge. You might more than one pickup (if I'm thinking of the right SG).

For me the obvious choice would be the SG, but I'm sure there are people here that would easily chose the Jackson. Whatever you like best, the Jackson will most likely have a wider range of sounds, since it has 3 pickups and 5 position, whereas the SG only has 1 pickup and that's it. Even if it has 2 pickups it still has less tonal options. However, that doesn't mean you can't play anything you want on that guitar.
Last edited by I K0nijn I at Dec 2, 2016,
From the pictures in your locked thread, I dont think thats a Junior. It looks more like an older SG special. The juniors are usually a single pickup model.

The serial number would make it a 2011, made in April.

Its a mahogany body, not a mahogany bridge. The bridge is the metal bar on the body with the 6 saddles for adjustment.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R
hey man thx
the guy told that he had p90 pickups
and he change it to gibson humbercekrs
and its lefty verision and he think that its juinour

yea sorry about the mahogany mistake

so my qusition here first if its worth paying 600 dollar
for this sg guitar ?
and how much the guitar worth ? like brand new
and thx alot man
in the next few days im buying the guitar
and are u sure its special
?
he really sure that is juinour
Last edited by jdhscam12 at Dec 2, 2016,
Quote by jdhscam12
H4T3BR33D3R
hey man thx
the guy told that he had p90 pickups
and he change it to gibson humbercekrs
and its lefty verision and he think that its juinour

yea sorry about the mahogany mistake

so my qusition here first if its worth paying 600 dollar
for this sg guitar ?
and how much the guitar worth ? like brand new
and thx alot man
in the next few days im buying the guitar
and are u sure its special
?
he really sure that is juinour

He installed 2 humbuckers, a different pickguard and everything? Are you sure this guy isn't just clueless? If that's the case and he got work done, I would ask for pictures of the work that has been done as well as maybe some information on who did it. It's not worth 600 dollars if it's what he claims it to be.

Post the pictures again.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Dec 2, 2016,
Looking at the pictures again I guess the SG was modified. It doesn't have a standard SG layout. It looks like it had 2 knobs and had another added. Pickguard looks a bit lopsided as well. I don't know why the heck you would do that though.

It doesn't really matter what the guitar went for new because its not worth that anymore. You could find a 2011 SG Junior for probably between 600-800 USD in really good condition. The guitar you're looking at has been modified and has had body work done I would guess. I would probably only want to pay 450 at the most for that guitar if its even genuine.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R
ok so he modified the guitar
but the guitar its sg juinour 60 verision
or sg special ?
That SG might be fake. For the knobs to be like that, he would have filled in the existing tone-knob hole and drilled 2 new ones. Unless this is an SG model I've never seen in my life, there are no Gibson SG's that have 2 knobs that are aligned with the input jack.
Quote by jdhscam12
H4T3BR33D3R
ok so he modified the guitar
but the guitar its sg juinour 60 verision
or sg special ?

Its not a special. Its modified to look like one though.

Its a modified SG of some sort. You would have to get pictures under the pickguard and other cavities as well as closer shots of the headstock and body if you want a better idea of what the guitar was originally.

Quote by I K0nijn I
That SG might be fake. For the knobs to be like that, he would have filled in the existing tone-knob hole and drilled 2 new ones. Unless this is an SG model I've never seen in my life, there are no Gibson SG's that have 2 knobs that are aligned with the input jack.

You might be right. Either way I dont think that guitar is worth the risk.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
$600 is too much for a modified mystery SG in my opinion.

are you stuck on an island where there are only 2 lefty guitars?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
$600 is too much for a modified mystery SG in my opinion.

well yes this island called israel the only lefty guitars u can get its 2handed and the lefty verision in the shop are shit
And btw what do u think about the jackson price (600 dollar to)

are you stuck on an island where there are only 2 lefty guitars?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Its not a special. Its modified to look like one though.
well yes

Its a modified SG of some sort. You would have to get pictures under the pickguard and other cavities as well as closer shots of the headstock and body if you want a better idea of what the guitar was originally.

You might be right. Either way I dont think that guitar is worth the risk.

well yes this island called israel the only lefty guitars u can get its 2handed and the lefty verision in the shop are shit

damm i have no idea

the reason is
the guy with the sg like very very trust guy he got it 2handed and then he selling it
he is like really knowing guy
and he is trust but he dosnt sure which pickups he have inside
but he sure that its got changed from p90 to gibson humbercker

Last edited by jdhscam12 at Dec 2, 2016,
Quote by jdhscam12

damm i have no idea

the reason is
the guy with the sg like very very trust guy he got it 2handed and then he selling it
he is like really knowing guy
and he is trust but he dosnt sure which pickups he have inside
but he sure that its got changed from p90 to gibson humbercker

If he is knowledgable then he should be able to tell you everything that was done to the guitar since he owns it and can see it first hand.

He might be nice or a friend but its not worth what he wants for sure. Especially with the possibility of it being a fake.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R
He have knowledge
but he never opened the electricy
and he is saying
the guitar match to
Sold Mahogany body with gloss nitro finishMahogany neck with '60s SlimTaper™ neck profileBaked Maple fingerboard with dot inlaysGibson P-90 "dog ear" pickupVintage-style TonePros™ tuners with 16:1 tuning ratio

the sg one

he is like trusted and famuse in israel
thats what im saying
like my guitar teacher told me that he is very straight and honest and stuff
and he produec music to alot of famous people
and he is not so hyped about selling the sg u know?
If he is so honest why is he charging too much for a modded SG that might be fake?

If he isnt hyped to sell it then he can keep it. Just get the jackson. He is ripping you off for a mystery SG any way you look at it.

Until he opens it up and you can verify its what he claims it is, its just not something to consider.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R
allright man
so 600 dollar for jackson dk2L second hand
with seymour duncan sh13 dimebucker bridge pick up
worth it?
and how versitle the guitar his ?
she versitile like the gibson sg ?
cause i really want it to be good in blues rock and metal
Quote by jdhscam12
H4T3BR33D3R
allright man
so 600 dollar for jackson dk2L second hand
with seymour duncan sh13 dimebucker bridge pick up
worth it?
and how versitle the guitar his ?
she versitile like the gibson sg ?
cause i really want it to be good in blues rock and metal

Most guitars are versatile. Can you personally play blues rock and metal? If you can then the Jackson can. If you cant than a new guitar isnt going to automatically make you better. Some guitars might be more suited for a style but it doesnt mean you can only play that genre on it.

That being said if anything the jackson is more versatile. You get more pickups and options as well as a tremolo.

Is it worth 600 bucks used? I dont know what they go for so I cant help you with that.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R
yea man i know it
but my question here is
if the guitar will sound good in all the kind of genere
i know its cant sound perfect in all genere
but if she can fit some blues some rock and some metal and still sound great

and btw thx for the help man
Are you able to try it out first? If you like the feel of the Jackson, its a fine guitar for rock or metal.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R
im not able to try it first
but i already tried once
and i loved the neck
i didnt played on it so much cause its was on my first days in guitar
and how the guitar for blues ?
Seriously, its fine for any genre dude. It really doesn't matter. If you're the kind of guy that thinks blues can only be played on a semi-hollow or an LP then maybe you'll be bothered but it really doesn't matter that much. Especially since it seems like you're lacking in selection. It's not like if you buy a 7 string Ibanez guitar, that means the guitar will suck for anything aside from metal.

If you're asking if the guitar was made with Blues guitar in mind? No it wasn't. It was made for metal players BUT that doesn't mean it will be shit for blues.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
From the pictures in your locked thread, I dont think thats a Junior. It looks more like an older SG special. The juniors are usually a single pickup model.

The serial number would make it a 2011, made in April.

Its a mahogany body, not a mahogany bridge. The bridge is the metal bar on the body with the 6 saddles for adjustment.

and it has a knob layout I've never seen on a Gibson.....
because it is NOT a Gibson

Last edited by paruwi at Dec 2, 2016,
Quote by paruwi
and it has a knob layout I've never seen on a Gibson.....
because it is NOT a Gibson

Yeah that was noted later on

Didn't notice the chinese bridge though. Definitely a fake
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
That SG is completely and utterly fake.

Steer well clear.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Counter offer him with $400. Tell him you will pay $450 max if he counters you.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
If it's a fake being passed off as the real deal, why offer anything?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

dannyalcatraz

IF it's a fake. I'd definitely play that angle, may get it for $350 if that's the case. Even if it is a fake $400 for a good guitar is a good deal either way. Once again, definitely play the fake angle & see if you can get that price down to like $350. The guitar does appear to have some genuine parts though. I've seen a Yngwie Malmsteen fake go for $500.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by NewDayHappy
dannyalcatraz

IF it's a fake. I'd definitely play that angle, may get it for $350 if that's the case. Even if it is a fake $400 for a good guitar is a good deal either way. Once again, definitely play the fake angle & see if you can get that price down to like $350. The guitar does appear to have some genuine parts though. I've seen a Yngwie Malmsteen fake go for $500.

People willing to pay $350-400 for a piece of crap keep them counterfeiters in business.....
Quote by NewDayHappy
dannyalcatraz

Enabling counterfeiters is something I could never condone.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
paruwi

Not necessarily a piece of crap, even if it is fake. Could get a nasty dirt cheap guitar that sounds halfway decent. BUT I understand where you & Blue are coming from. Would I buy it personally? No, probably not. I am a small time collector, I only collect the real thing. IF I lived in Israel though & a lefty guitar was hard to come buy? I'd make a list of everything that is fake about that guitar & I'd try to get it for as cheap as possible. I think $350-$450 is too much (my previous post was off), but I'd bring $300 & I would say to the guy, you want my money or not?
Last edited by NewDayHappy at Dec 2, 2016,
Quote by NewDayHappy
paruwi

Not necessarily a piece of crap, even if it is fake. Could get a nasty dirt cheap guitar that sounds halfway decent. BUT I understand where you & Blue are coming from. Would I buy it personally? No, probably not. I am a small time collector, I only collect the real thing. IF I lived in Israel though & a lefty guitar was hard to come buy? I'd make a list of everything that is fake about that guitar & I'd try to get it for as cheap as possible. I think $350-$450 is too much (my previous post was off), but I'd bring $300 & I would say to the guy, you want my money or not?

No need to get any counterfeit...
it will always be a FAKE, regardless how many $$ you put in it

more than 200 Lefthand guitars offered here with shipping to Israel

https://www.thomann.de/intl/lefthanded_guitars.html?ls=100&oa=pra

https://www.thomann.de/intl/index.html
paruwi

I understand the harsh stance, but I also understand what it's like to be poor & not have been much money. All of my fancy gear has been earned through blood, sweat & tears. I've been busting my ass for the last 5 years for what I got. HOWEVER!! In the past, it was not above me to play/buy knock off gear if the price was right. Sometimes JUNK can be the best stuff. Also, how many times has the Stratocaster or Les Paul or in this case the double cutaway been copied? Everything not named Gibson or Fender is a counterfeit in reality my friend.
Last edited by NewDayHappy at Dec 2, 2016,
Quote by NewDayHappy
paruwi

I understand the harsh stance, but I also understand what it's like to be poor & not have been much money. All of my fancy gear has been earned through blood, sweat & tears. I've been busting my ass for the last 5 years for what I got. HOWEVER!! In the past, it was not above me to play/buy knock off gear if the price was right. Sometimes JUNK can be the best stuff. Also, how many times has the Stratocaster or Les Paul or in this case the double cutaway been copied? Everything not named Gibson or Fender is a counterfeit in reality my friend.

Sorry, I disagree
Fakes are things that are not what is labeled on it.
Lots of cheap and legit copies of LPs, SGs Strats and Teles are out
Epiphones are as legit as Squiers

and everybody should get what they pay for (regardless if it's $200 or $2000) - and with FAKES you'll never get what you pay for

BTW I have worked for my gear, too
and I am not a rich man
You also depress the market for legit gear, taking money away from honest Jacks & Jills working hard to earn money THEY need to buy stuff.

Quote by NewDayHappy
paruwi

They're absolutely not the same thing.

A counterfeit will try and give off the appearance it's something else by not just (attempting) to blatantly copy a guitar's design, but to copy a trademarked name.

Japanese les paul copes (say for example) are not counterfeits for this reason. They're not pretending to be Gibsons or Fenders as they're not branded as such.

For the record I bust my ass to get the gear I have too. Not being able to afford a Gibson is no excuse to buy a fake. There are tons of alternatives from different brands at every pricepoint.

Makes me sad that members of the UG community are even considering these pieces of shit.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
thats really weird shit
this guy his like famous as fuck he wont give me a fake guitar
thats really really really weird
ill call him tommorow and tell u whats up
thank you guys
so far ill go for the jackson
and i sound the guitar already
sound like a true sg
but im stoping myself from buying
cause i have no idea about the guitar
she sound good
she looks good
but in someway she weird as fuck
Just play it safe and buy the Jackson don't even take a chance with the counterfeit Gibson hell they didn't even bother to get the controls accurate so they probably didn't bother putting much quality into the build!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by I K0nijn I
He might not know he has a fake himself.

Yeah I mean some people get played because they don't even know what to look for. Heck if it wasn't for paruwi pointing out the chinese bridge I would've missed it being a fake too because I just glanced over it.

He might not even know its fake and if thats the case it sucks if he got ripped off.

At the same time he tried to tell the guy that this was a modified SG Junior so maybe he knew the guitar would raise alarms and he tried to pull a fast one. I hope not.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Makes me sad that members of the UG community are even considering these pieces of shit.

Me too. I get not having a lot of money and not being able to afford expensive guitars. That's especially why you should spend your money in ways that aren't super risky like a counterfeit guitar that you might not be able to fix up no matter how much time and money you throw at it. It boggles my mind how much 6 letters can really grip people.

It also makes me sad when people think these counterfeits are even in the same league as something like an Epiphone or a PRS SE or anything else like that as well.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 2