A friend of mine will be receiving Rocksmith for Christmas with a bass guitar. I'd like to complete the package by getting him an inexpensive electric guitar to go with it. Looking for something around $100, maybe slightly more. Any ideas?
Quote by martianshark1
A friend of mine will be receiving Rocksmith for Christmas with a bass guitar. I'd like to complete the package by getting him an inexpensive electric guitar to go with it. Looking for something around $100, maybe slightly more. Any ideas?
You'll be looking at the used market for that sort of money. Try for a Yamaha Pacifica maybe.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Yes, used. Pacifica have a good reputation, as do Agile. I got a Vietnamese-made Peavey in the hock shop clearance sale for Oz$65, it need almost nothing doing to it and it is my favourite guitar, light weight, good neck, good pickups, excellent overall condition. However, this is only a good idea if you know how to check for problems and fix the easy ones.
Last edited by Tony Done at Dec 2, 2016,
Ibanez gio or grg20x series are nice cheap guitars. Epiphone les paul II or esp ltd ec50 is a nice guitar
Squire Bullet Tele
Vintage LemonDrop
Marshall DSL40c w/V30
MXR 10-band EQ
BOSS Enhancer Eh-2
on the guitar center site...use filters for electric guitars- price range 50-100 .. there are quite a few listed NEW at that
play well

wolf
Ended up walking into a pawn shop and found a Schecter Omen for cheap. I think that'll do. It was easy to play, and did well when I tried hooking it up to Rocksmith.

Quote by dspellman
Rondo Music has some interesting choices in that range -- this "SX Furrian RN Alder CAR" is a tele clone currently on sale for $99 (plus shipping). These things are reportedly surprisingly good for the money. http://www.rondomusic.com/SX_Furrian_RN_ALD_CAR.html There are others as well -- worth a look around.

Out of curiosity, is Rondo considered equally cost-effective in the $300 range?
Nice. Schecter Omen's not bad at all. I found that Rocksmith is actually pretty sensitive to intonation so a shitty guitar wouldn't work so well. But a Schecter is more than fine. Man, you're a great friend!