Page 1 of 2
Balconies are great. Whether you need them to stare into the sky and contemplate the fleeting and vapid nature of human existence, quietly enjoy your morning rituals of choice or simply to spend some quality time with your loved one or a dear guest, they are always there for you and never disappoint.

I do not have a balcony and I feel like my quality of life is significantly lower because of it.

Discuss balconies and how they've made your life worth living. Including pictures of your own balcony or your idea of a good balcony is also encouraged.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
it's too cold for the balcony now.

i do my morning ritual (cigarette and coffee) in my basement where the wind can't hurt me.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug

I have just this morning put Christmas lights on my balcony, it's entirely pointless to take a picture of them at 10:20 am but there you go. The star stickers on the glass panes have been there since last Christmas.

I don't have great views from it because there's a flat with a balcony above us and another block of flats across the road but i can occasionally see fireworks from the nearby park and it's great for people watching drunkards on their way back from town. I also grow various plants on there but no point taking a picture of them as they're all withered and dead at the moment.

I also like to chill out with a coffee and a ukulele out there.

8/10 would choose property with one again.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Never liked balconies am afraid.

Too useless when warm, too unusable when wet.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by jakesmellspoo
it's too cold for the balcony now.

i do my morning ritual (cigarette and coffee) in my basement where the wind can't hurt me.

implying it's too cold for the balcony also implies it's too cold to sit in outdoor cafés with a blanket and your beverage of choice. this is obviously untrue

also i had a cig outside like 20 minutes ago, squat-sitting on my cold frost-covered doorstep it was cool but it would be significantly better if i was on a balcony with a comfy chair

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
also nice balcony rab

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
I don't have my own balcony but my parents' has a ridiculously great view. Order of proximity in view:

Restaurants/lounges/hotels/banks
Intersection
Creek/port
A business district/metro rail
Skyline/Burj khalifa

If I have a picture on my phone I'll post it. I love how this damn city looks. Too bad about everything else.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
implying it's too cold for the balcony also implies it's too cold to sit in outdoor cafés with a blanket and your beverage of choice. this is obviously untrue

also i had a cig outside like 20 minutes ago, squat-sitting on my cold frost-covered doorstep it was cool but it would be significantly better if i was on a balcony with a comfy chair
i'm also a weenie because it's probably just barely cold enough for frost outside right now.

the balcony loses its magic once my shitty neighbors go out on theirs to gossip or whatever they do. always sounds like the dullest conversation and it ruins my enjoyment of relative silence and nature sounds.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i'm also a weenie because it's probably just barely cold enough for frost outside right now.

the balcony loses its magic once my shitty neighbors go out on theirs to gossip or whatever they do. always sounds like the dullest conversation and it ruins my enjoyment of relative silence and nature sounds.

ye i get ya, i don't mind my neighbours but the balcony should be a place of chill. one of my neighbours plays the accordion in his shed like every morning. it used to annoy me but honestly i've grown fond of it. it's quiet enough that it's not really intrusive but it gives off a homely vibe, like listening to this in the background

headphones tho

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
EXISTENCE BEFORE ESSENCE, FUCKWAD

anyway I tend to appreciate that sort of thing with conservatory roofs and rainy nights. Very relaxing
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 3, 2016,
someone playing accordion while i enjoyed my balcony sounds fantastic.

hehe, actually if i had more weed to smoke it'd help with the neighbors.

they're occasionally out there when i smoke a j and as soon as they smell it they go inside.

i should just go buy a weed scented candle.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
ye i get ya, i don't mind my neighbours but the balcony should be a place of chill. one of my neighbours plays the accordion in his shed like every morning. it used to annoy me but honestly i've grown fond of it. it's quiet enough that it's not really intrusive but it gives off a homely vibe, like listening to this in the background

headphones tho

My building's right next door to a church so we hear the organ on Sunday mornings, it's a similar sort of thing.

Balconies would be perfect if bees and wasps and other gross bugs didn't find a way to make hives on all of them.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Balconies would be perfect if bees and wasps and other gross bugs didn't find a way to make hives on all of them.

lol the song i posted was about an old beekeeper

bees are great and fun to watch, wasps are just meh. don't be a panicky bitch around them and they won't do shit.

Quote by RAB11
My building's right next door to a church so we hear the organ on Sunday mornings, it's a similar sort of thing.

that sounds delightful

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Dec 3, 2016,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
bees are great and fun to watch

Some bees are fun to watch, when I was younger there were tons of fuzzy bumblebees around that were mostly harmless.

Now though we have those super aggressive african bees everywhere and they are very much not fun.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
ok nvm i probably wouldnt go outside ever if there were african bees present

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Bees are chill. Wasps are little assholes who don't deserve the miracle of flight.

The times I really feel that my heart's melting on a balcony is whenever the sky gets that deep pink hue. I wish that was all the time. I don't care about experience dilution. Blue skies are uncommon here. It's either white/black.
I'm in favour of any kind of abnormal room/home feature, balconies, attics, basements, cellars, understair cupboards and associated nooks and cranies are exciting places as a kid.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
i was gonna go balcony for a bit, but opted for more basement time so i could puff on some gross roaches.
I only ever really used to use my balcony to smoke, but since I quit now I pretty much just use them to go 'nah it's too cold' and go back inside
My grandparents have a balcony and there is much guitar playing that happens out there when I'm at there's and it's nice out

Balconies rule
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Balconies are a bourgeois plot to give the working classes a false sense of empowerment, crumbs thrown by capitalists when greater rewards are in the grasp of the workers - a garden of your own, grow some grass, a plant, a tree. Build a shed!

Balconies are a feeble attempt at impeding working class insurrection, and are anti-revolutionary.
Last edited by kjt1981 at Dec 3, 2016,
Used to live in an apartment in Toronto with a balcony, and the view was great, you could see the CN tower in the distance. I wish I could go back and play my guitar on that balcony again, light up a spliff while soaking up the city life below...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by JamSessionFreak
bees are great and fun to watch

yes bees are excellent
Quote by JamSessionFreak
wasps are just meh. don't be a panicky bitch around them and they won't do shit.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I live in Scotland, so a rainwater butt and a balcony are pretty much the same thing.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
one of the houses i grew up in had a balcony and it didm't have support pillars and it would creak every time you stepped on it and it was scary
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
playing instrtuments on a balcony sounds banter

i would also like to have various plants on my balcony. which doesnt include marijuana unless the balcony is nice and secluded in which case it does

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
playing instrtuments on a balcony sounds banter

i would also like to have various plants on my balcony. which doesnt include marijuana unless the balcony is nice and secluded in which case it does

This summer I had raspberries, strawberries, basil, chives, parsley and a bunch of flowers my wife picked out.

Only the parsley and chives amounted to anything though annoyingly. Think i planted it all too late.

You can also jump off the balcony when a home invader invades your home and there is no way out.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
You can also jump off the balcony when a home invader invades your home and there is no way out.
or at other times also
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
or at other times also

like when you're drunk and want to scare someone below
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I briefly lived in an apartment with a balcony a few years ago. wasnt a great view or anything (facing another balcony within the same complex) but i liked chilling there with my dog
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
wasps are chill okay
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I only like balconies in summer so I don't mind not having one right now even though I've always lived in apartments with balconies prior to now.
cat
where else are you going to stand before a cheering crowd and declare the glory of The State
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Page 1 of 2