Page 1 of 3
Hello! Little background info. I'm a pharmacy student from Belgium. Decided to finally submit to learning an instrument. Figured it's a way better time filler than watching tv shows! Now, the problem that I'm facing is that I'm in a dorm. The walls are THIN (trust me, I've learnt that the hard way. Makes for interesting conversations the next day with the people in the dorms below/above you -.-), so I'd prefer to send the sound through headphones.

Now, I'll fill in the handy form given in the sticky!

Budget? - Would prefer to keep it below EUR 400-500. Everything lower is better!

Favorite Artists? Mark Knopfler, David Gilmour. I really love the sort of floatiness, or however you can describe it of their style. Makes me feel at ease. Dire Straits was also the favorite band of my late father and me, so it's a bit nostalgic aswell.
Chet Atkins should be mentioned aswell.

Preferences? /

Pickups? /

New or Used?: I wouldn't mind buying a used guitar. Sadly my knowledge of instruments is non existent, and I don't know anyone with good knowledge of instruments. And I would prefer to not get scammed.

Location? Belgium! If I were to buy brand new it would probably be from http://www.keymusic.com/

Current Gear? Nothing, got a pair of decent headphones though.

I'm just doing this as a time filler, a hobby. It sounds fun, I love seeing progress and I'm driven. I'm not planning on playing with anyone/groups/... It's just for me, my (selfish?) entertainment!
Thanks in advance. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Buy a squier stratocaster and a Roland microcube, that'll get you up and running. If you take to it you can buy a bigger amp in the future and keep the microcube for on the go practicing, busking and beach parties.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
steven seagull

Thanks for the response! Could you be a bit more clear on the Squier Stratocaster? I've looked them up and their prices vary anywhere from EUR 200-500.
The Roland Microcube sounds great, and would cost me EUR 129,00.
the vox mini 3 or mini 5 rhythm might be better for those lower gain tones than the microcube. don't get me wrong, the microcube is great, and you could do a lot worse, but it tends to cope better with the heavier stuff.

or the fender mini mustang but i haven't tried it so i don't know what it's like. it doesn't seem to be in stock at key music anyway.

i'm not that well up on squiers at all, but i hear good things about the vintage modified and (especially) the classic vibes (meaning i haven't tried them myself). that's pushing your budget but might be worth considering if you can stretch to it at all.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
IIRC the big complaint about the VM series is the Duncan Design pickups aren't up to much.

For the money, they're not bad, but they're not great either.

On the other hand, it's a strat, so a loaded scratchplate next year won't break the bank and can be swapped out easily.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Dave_Mc
the vox mini 3 or mini 5 rhythm might be better for those lower gain tones than the microcube. don't get me wrong, the microcube is great, and you could do a lot worse, but it tends to cope better with the heavier stuff.

or the fender mini mustang but i haven't tried it so i don't know what it's like. it doesn't seem to be in stock at key music anyway.

i'm not that well up on squiers at all, but i hear good things about the vintage modified and (especially) the classic vibes (meaning i haven't tried them myself). that's pushing your budget but might be worth considering if you can stretch to it at all.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
IIRC the big complaint about the VM series is the Duncan Design pickups aren't up to much.

On the other hand, it's a strat, so a loaded scratchplate next year won't break the bank and can be swapped out easily.

So, let me gather all the info so far.

For the amp: Either a Roland microtube, or VOX Mini3/Mini5.

The mini 3 and the Roland are equally priced, the Mini 5 costs EUR 36 more.
I'm not into metal/hard rock/... So I'm leaning more towards the Mini, if I gathered it right.

Guitar:
There's the Squier Classic Vibe Strat 50s or 60s (Not quite certain what the difference is). Which would cost me EUR 444
And then there is the Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster. Which apparently has some flaws (?). Which would cost me EUR 333
Other suggestions are still welcome of course!

Is it worth coughing up an additional EUR 111? Because if there are issues with the build quality, the money I save now will be spent in a near future. I'd rather chuck some more at it now, and be settled for a long, long time.

Thanks for all the responses!
I wouldn't describe the VM as having build quality issues - to me, that suggests things like bad fretwork, electronics and a badly cut nut.

Granted, I haven't played any recent examples of either, so I can't really say much about whether they're still as I remember them - basically decent guitars, one of which I thought sounded better than the other.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I wouldn't describe the VM as having build quality issues - to me, that suggests things like bad fretwork, electronics and a badly cut nut.

Granted, I haven't played any recent examples of either, so I can't really say much about whether they're still as I remember them - basically decent guitars, one of which I thought sounded better than the other.

Hi! I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm afraid I have another one.
What's the difference between

Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster Candy Apple Red
http://www.bax-shop.be/nl/squier-vintage-modified-surf-stratocaster-candy-apple-red#tab-specifications

And the

Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster 3-Color Sunburst
http://www.bax-shop.be/nl/squier-vintage-modified-stratocaster-3-color-sunburst#tab-specifications

Besides the look? As far as I can tell their specs are basically identical. One is just EUR 34 cheaper.
Quote by OfTheThorn
Hi! I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm afraid I have another one.
What's the difference between

Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster Candy Apple Red
http://www.bax-shop.be/nl/squier-vintage-modified-surf-stratocaster-candy-apple-red#tab-specifications

And the

Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster 3-Color Sunburst
http://www.bax-shop.be/nl/squier-vintage-modified-stratocaster-3-color-sunburst#tab-specifications

Besides the look? As far as I can tell their specs are basically identical. One is just EUR 34 cheaper.

Different pickups
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Different pickups

I see! Are they of comparable quality? Or is it worth the EUR 34, despite being a complete and utter beginner?
I don't have any experience with those Lipstick ones, so I can't really answer that. If you have a pretty good ear, your best bet is of course to play the two and decide which one you like the sound of more.

I personally really like the look of that Surf model, especially in the blue and green, so that's the one I'd get
I had a guitar with lipsticks, and early Ib Talman, and I would advise against them unless you know they are what you want. Mine had lousy string-to-string balance. At least with strat SCs there is plenty of choice if you want to swap them for something different. Not sure if SCs would fit into those lipstick slots, mine were the old style, not interchangeable. Maybe someone can answer that.
Last edited by Tony Done at Dec 3, 2016,
Yeah these are modified lipsticks, designed to fit into a standard Strat singlecoil slot. Should be 100% interchangeable.
Bullet is through the church! This is what I'm getting:

Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster 3 Tone Sunburst
California Nylon Grip Color Guitar Picks 6-Pack (They chuck these in for free! )
Fender Mustang I (V.2)
Fender Performance instrumentcable hooked 3m

Thanks a lot for all the help guys, I'll make sure to upload some pics when my stuff arrives!
EZ.

Amp: Blackstar HT-1R OR Vox AC4TV ~ $330 USD

Guitar: Used MIM Strat or a Squier Strat of sorts. ~$250-$300

Under budget. I will note that the Blackstar is more versatile than the Vox, but the Vox has better clean tones. YMMV.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Last edited by NewDayHappy at Dec 3, 2016,
Have you ordered already?
Go to the actual store to get your stuff if you haven't already ordered. Ask for a discount. They're pretty lenient with it and I'm sure if you're buying an entire set of gear to begin with they'll either give you a discount or maybe throw something in like a stand or a gigbag, both of which are nice to have. Keymusic is a good place to go to, by the way, if you manage to keep them as friends. I've been going there for years and have gotten tons of discounts for being a loyal customer.

Quote by NewDayHappy
EZ.

Guitar: Used MIM Strat or a Squier Strat of sorts. ~$250-$300

Under budget. I will note that the Blackstar is more versatile than the Vox, but the Vox has better clean tones. YMMV.

I wouldn't get either of those for a dorm, really.
Quote by I K0nijn I

Really? You wouldn't get a 1w or .25w amp for a dorm? In what instance would you get a low wattage amp with a emulated output & headphone jack?

I brought my Blackstar to my mom's apartment for Thanksgiving & the neighbors couldn't hear squat as I practiced at 2 o'clock in the morning.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
The Blackstar maybe, but I don't care for Blackstar as it is, to be honest. I think you can get better for the money. It's fine for practice, but so is a Fender Mustang or a Roland Cube and those are half the price. Honestly, if you're going to use headphones anyway, I'd rather get a Pod or something than a Blackstar or any cheap modelling amp.

The Vox is out of the question in my opinion, as it needs too much volume to get the best out of it. Kind of reminds me of a friend that can't make a lot of noise where he lives, so he bought an Orange AD-5 that now collects dust because it needs tons of volume to sound awesome.
Quote by I K0nijn I
The Blackstar maybe, but I don't care for Blackstar as it is, to be honest. I think you can get better for the money. It's fine for practice, but so is a Fender Mustang or a Roland Cube and those are half the price. Honestly, if you're going to use headphones anyway, I'd rather get a Pod or something than a Blackstar or any cheap modelling amp.

The Vox is out of the question in my opinion, as it needs too much volume to get the best out of it. Kind of reminds me of a friend that can't make a lot of noise where he lives, so he bought an Orange AD-5 that now collects dust because it needs tons of volume to sound awesome.

I owned a Fender Mustang before, the fact that you would take that over a Blackstar HT-1R or a Vox AC4TV is seriously suspect. The fact that you are recommending the Roland Cube a 3 watt SOLID STATE amp over a 1 watt & .25W TUBE amp is highly suspect. On a scale from 1 to illuminati that's pretty crazy. Especially when your reasoning that the Blackstar & Vox are too loud. Absolutely nuts. Wow.
Last edited by NewDayHappy at Dec 3, 2016,
I don't see the Blackstar as more than a practice amp, so you might as well get something that does the job well for half the price. The 3W solid state amp will go as quiet as the 1W "tube" amp anyway, has more options and it's half the price. For practice purposes, it's a no brainer to me. If you're set on spending 250 on a practice amp, I'd rather get a Yamaha THR than a Blackstar HT-1R as well. I'm not a fan of Blackstar, not for the sound and not for how they market. Your "TUBE" Blackstar doesn't even have a power-amp tube.

Your opinion obviously differs, which isn't a problem to me. It's why there are tons of options. I do think it's wrong to say my opinion is crazy or not genuine.
Quote by I K0nijn I
I don't see the Blackstar as more than a practice amp, so you might as well get something that does the job well for half the price. The 3W solid state amp will go as quiet as the 1W "tube" amp anyway, has more options and it's half the price. For practice purposes, it's a no brainer to me. If you're set on spending 250 on a practice amp, I'd rather get a Yamaha THR than a Blackstar HT-1R as well. I'm not a fan of Blackstar, not for the sound and not for how they market. Your "TUBE" Blackstar doesn't even have a power-amp tube.

Your opinion obviously differs, which isn't a problem to me. It's why there are tons of options. I do think it's wrong to say my opinion is crazy or not genuine.

This is garbage, don't listen to this guy. Stay away from solid state amps, get a tube amp. There's probably a dozen different alternatives than a fucking Yamaha THR, Jesus Christ.
There are alternatives to the HT-1R as well. That's the point of a forum, different opinions on things from different experiences. Now, if you want to call out my opinion as nuts, garbage and doubtful, go ahead. I think it's childish, frankly, but you'll probably disregard my opinion on that as well.
Quote by I K0nijn I
There are alternatives to the HT-1R as well. That's the point of a forum, different opinions on things from different experiences. Now, if you want to call out my opinion as nuts, garbage and doubtful, go ahead. I think it's childish, frankly, but you'll probably disregard my opinion on that as well.

Yes, there are alternatives, absolutely NONE of them should include a solid state amp unless you want the OP to sell his amp a year from now. If he goes tube, he will have a practice amp for 20 years. Once again, I owned a Line 6, Vox Mini, Fender Mustang, some crap Marshall solid state amp until I wised the hell up! There are other alternatives to the Blackstar HT-1R. For sure. But it genuinely pisses me off to the core when I see people recommending solid state amps. The poor guy is going to waste his money. That is NOT cool....
For a beginner the focus should be on practice and having fun. You can become a gear slut after you learn the basics.

This looks like a good place to start:

http://www.keymusic.com/item/squier-affinity-strat-pack-frontman-10g-black-sunburst/

Because it's a package you are effectively getting the Amp for free - ...

The guitar is good and the amp is cheap for a reason - but it will get you into the game at least.

If you want a better amp I'd recommend a Roland Microcube GX because it's relliable, easy to use, and offers a few simulations of famous amps. it's also very good at low volumes or with headphones as well.

Alternatively you could try this pack which has a slightly upgraded guitar and amp:

http://www.keymusic.com/item/squier-affinity-stratocaster-hss-pack-champion-20-candy-apple-red/?q=squier%20affinity&

Do some searches on Youtube to hear these things in action - in the right hands they sound great.
Late to the thread, but...

A Strat- or clone from another builder*- would be an excellent choice of guitar for Knopfler or Gilmour.

But if playing quietly is as much of a priority as those players' tone, I wouldn't even bother with an amp right now. ESPECIALLY since you're new to the instrument. Instead, I would get good headphones- not earbuds or things like Beats, but something over-the -ear with a neutral tone spectrum- and a portable digital modeler (PDM) like a Line 6 POD, Korg Pandora, Boss Micro-BR, Tascam GT-R1, etc. Here's why:

1) by practicing with headphones, there is ZERO chance of disturbing the neighbors. Practice any time you want.
2) all such devices have valuable practice tools like metronomes/drum patterns, tuners, amp & effect modeling, recording and/or computer interfaces, all in a package that fits in a gig back or hardshell case. That means you can practice anywhere you feel comfortable bringing your guitar.

I've been playing electric guitar for 13+ years, and currently have many, and a nice amp. I own 4 PDMs. I use one or another of them every week.

FWIW, there are even iOS and Android apps that do much of what the PDMs do.

* Yamaha, Godin, G&L, Dean Zelinsky Private Label, Fernandes, etc.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Iam buying a new guitar and iam really confused between Charvel So Cal style 1 2H FR and Ibanez RG655 Prestige. Online price for Ibanez is $1190 with a guitar case for Charvel it's $1029 without case. I play rock, blues, jazz and metal. There's no guitar store where I live that sell either of them so I haven't got the chance to test them in person. Also if there any other guitar with tremolo within this price range please feel free to leave their marks.
Quote by biinnodpow
Iam buying a new guitar and iam really confused between Charvel So Cal style 1 2H FR and Ibanez RG655 Prestige. Online price for Ibanez is $1190 with a guitar case for Charvel it's $1029 without case. I play rock, blues, jazz and metal. There's no guitar store where I live that sell either of them so I haven't got the chance to test them in person. Also if there any other guitar with tremolo within this price range please feel free to leave their marks.

Start a new thread.
I didn't expect this thread to go so big when I created it! Anyway, thanks for all your responses. It feels good to see people so driven and passionate about their hobby, and so keen on helping others for basically no reward (positive karma?). So again, thanks to all of you. I haven't ordered yet btw!

Quote by I K0nijn I
Have you ordered already?
Go to the actual store to get your stuff if you haven't already ordered. Ask for a discount. They're pretty lenient with it and I'm sure if you're buying an entire set of gear to begin with they'll either give you a discount or maybe throw something in like a stand or a gigbag, both of which are nice to have. Keymusic is a good place to go to, by the way, if you manage to keep them as friends. I've been going there for years and have gotten tons of discounts for being a loyal customer.

You don't happen to go to the one in Brussels/Gent/Brugge are you?
Anyway, solid advice given there. I hadn't considered over the counter deals. Figured online would be cheaper. Thanks for the advice, and I'll actually drop by a store when everything is planned out
!
Quote by NewDayHappy
Yes, there are alternatives, absolutely NONE of them should include a solid state amp unless you want the OP to sell his amp a year from now. If he goes tube, he will have a practice amp for 20 years. Once again, I owned a Line 6, Vox Mini, Fender Mustang, some crap Marshall solid state amp until I wised the hell up! There are other alternatives to the Blackstar HT-1R. For sure. But it genuinely pisses me off to the core when I see people recommending solid state amps. The poor guy is going to waste his money. That is NOT cool....

My knowledge of these topics is very, very limited. So I'm not sure if you're wrong or correct. But since you're defending your point so fiercely, there must be some truth to it. So I'll heed your advice! Thanks a lot <3. On a side note, there's no reason to attack someone personally. Always stay mannered in a discussion, it gives a bad image if you don't.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Late to the thread, but...

A Strat- or clone from another builder*- would be an excellent choice of guitar for Knopfler or Gilmour.

But if playing quietly is as much of a priority as those players' tone, I wouldn't even bother with an amp right now. ESPECIALLY since you're new to the instrument. Instead, I would get good headphones- not earbuds or things like Beats, but something over-the -ear with a neutral tone spectrum- and a portable digital modeler (PDM) like a Line 6 POD, Korg Pandora, Boss Micro-BR, Tascam GT-R1, etc. Here's why:

1) by practicing with headphones, there is ZERO chance of disturbing the neighbors. Practice any time you want.
2) all such devices have valuable practice tools like metronomes/drum patterns, tuners, amp & effect modeling, recording and/or computer interfaces, all in a package that fits in a gig back or hardshell case. That means you can practice anywhere you feel comfortable bringing your guitar.

I've been playing electric guitar for 13+ years, and currently have many, and a nice amp. I own 4 PDMs. I use one or another of them every week.

FWIW, there are even iOS and Android apps that do much of what the PDMs do.

* Yamaha, Godin, G&L, Dean Zelinsky Private Label, Fernandes, etc.

Hi there! You're definitely still in time! I don't have a tendency of rushing into things.
Now, I've read the description of the Korg Pandora, because I had no idea what a PDM was (never heard of it either!). I'm slightly overwhelmed by it. 158 types of modeling effects, 200 preset programs (head explodes). I understand that an AMP amplifies (yes yes...) the sound, but what do these things do?

They're the same price as the amps previously mentioned. So I don't mind either way, I just prefer what's best for me now.

Quote by biinnodpow
tdunster I did but never got any reply ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quick note before I end this long reply. Don't hijack someone else's thread. It's ill mannered. A lot of people won't respond to you because of said reason. I can't help you either, I'm sorry :-/
Quote by OfTheThorn
You don't happen to go to the one in Brussels/Gent/Brugge are you?
Anyway, solid advice given there. I hadn't considered over the counter deals. Figured online would be cheaper. Thanks for the advice, and I'll actually drop by a store when everything is planned out
!

I live in Ghent, so that's where I've been the most, but I often go to the flagship in Sint-Niklaas as well, since they have a lot more stuff there. Brussels has 2 stores, so make sure to go to the right one. One is a store with the guitars and basses and whatnot and then close to it there is a second store with piano's and DJ/production stuff. I've never been to the store in Brugge. Ghent has a nice selection of guitars and amps and are generally the friendliest where I've been. Or maybe that's because it's where they know me the best.

Either way, can't go wrong with going in the store. The prices are the same as online and they might throw in something or give a discount in the store. I'm sure they won't online. And you have to be pretty obviously asking for it. They won't suggest a discount themselves.
Quote by OfTheThorn
/snip

Hi there! You're definitely still in time! I don't have a tendency of rushing into things.
Now, I've read the description of the Korg Pandora, because I had no idea what a PDM was (never heard of it either!). I'm slightly overwhelmed by it. 158 types of modeling effects, 200 preset programs (head explodes). I understand that an AMP amplifies (yes yes...) the sound, but what do these things do?

They're the same price as the amps previously mentioned. So I don't mind either way, I just prefer what's best for me now.
/snip
Basically stuff like the Line6 POD series, Korg Pandora so is simulate amplifiers, but without actually amplifying the signal to the same extent. What this means is that the outputs are at a level you could send direct to PC/board for recording, to headphones for practice, or to a PA-type amplifier for live playing.
TBH, something like that might be ideal for you, since you're not planning on playing 'out loud', and some of the units can be had second hand for very little cash.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal

That's a complete non-issue for someone who's literally just starting out though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by NewDayHappy
This is garbage, don't listen to this guy. Stay away from solid state amps, get a tube amp. There's probably a dozen different alternatives than a fucking Yamaha THR, Jesus Christ.

Actually ignore this guy, a digital modeller or pc interface is by far the most sensible option for a new guitarist. I love a tube amp as much as the next man but they're loud and the ts specifically said volume is a concern.

Tube amps also tend to be a bit more specialised tonally, they're the kind of thing you buy when you've been playing a while and you have a clear idea of the kind on sound you want.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull

Actually ignore this guy, a digital modeller or pc interface is by far the most sensible option for a new guitarist. I love a tube amp as much as the next man but they're loud and the ts specifically said volume is a concern.

Tube amps also tend to be a bit more specialised tonally, they're the kind of thing you buy when you've been playing a while and you have a clear idea of the kind on sound you want.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Basically stuff like the Line6 POD series, Korg Pandora so is simulate amplifiers, but without actually amplifying the signal to the same extent. What this means is that the outputs are at a level you could send direct to PC/board for recording, to headphones for practice, or to a PA-type amplifier for live playing.
TBH, something like that might be ideal for you, since you're not planning on playing 'out loud', and some of the units can be had second hand for very little cash.

Alright, thanks! I've read up on the Line 6 Pod, and looked for alternatives. Honestly, think I may go for the Line 6 Pod Studio GX. Seems perfect for my needs! Build in features like a tuner are nice aswell! And it's quite a bit cheaper (over EUR 30!)
OfTheThorn

NO! NO, NO, NO! Please NO! Don't buy ANYTHING Line 6 - you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Seriously, except for Helix, which is way beyond your budget, there isn't a single amp/interface by Line 6 that doesn't sound TOTALLY terrible.

Just no. Please don't.

I'd recommend looking into Vox AmPlug 2 AC30 - it could do what you're after with MUCH better tone than Pod Studio.

Last edited by anemgare at Dec 4, 2016,
I haven't tried any lipstick pickups but if you know you want strat tones i'd probably get something with regular strat pickups.

Quote by I K0nijn I

Plus he's talking in dollars and the threadstarter is in belgium- prices don't translate, pretty much. just because you can get it in the USA under budget doesn't mean you can in europe, unfortunately.

Quote by NewDayHappy
EZ.

Quote by NewDayHappy
This is garbage, don't listen to this guy. Stay away from solid state amps, get a tube amp.

NewDayHappy: (for some reason the quoting system isn't working properly ) Yes, there are alternatives, absolutely NONE of them should include a solid state amp unless you want the OP to sell his amp a year from now. If he goes tube, he will have a practice amp for 20 years. Once again, I owned a Line 6, Vox Mini, Fender Mustang, some crap Marshall solid state amp until I wised the hell up! There are other alternatives to the Blackstar HT-1R. For sure. But it genuinely pisses me off to the core when I see people recommending solid state amps. The poor guy is going to waste his money. That is NOT cool.... There's probably a dozen different alternatives than a fucking Yamaha THR, Jesus Christ.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing that this is possibly the time to point out that the Blackstar HT-1R is actually a hybrid and has a ton of solid state shenanigans going on inside it. It's not all-tube.

Idiot.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 4, 2016,
slapsymcdougal nice explanation.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

My general reply regarding SS vs Tube: there ARE good, pedal-friendly SS amps out there, but they're not any cheaper than tube amps. A Carvin will cost $400 or so, and a Quilter will run you $600-1500.

Listen to these guys if you want crap gear. Some ppl don't know how to enjoy the finer things in life. Danny Alcatraz constantly pushes dirt ball gear like Line 6 & Reverend guitars, honestly it's embarrassing. They recommend gear for a high school kid, it's embarrassing. I can't help but laugh at this swill. Have fun with your line 6 & reverend guitars Danny alcatraz, I will stick to my Les Pauls, strats, Marshalls & Blackstars.
Quote by NewDayHappy
Listen to these guys if you want crap gear. Some ppl don't know how to enjoy the finer things in life. Danny Alcatraz constantly pushes dirt ball gear like Line 6 & Reverend guitars, honestly it's embarrassing. They recommend gear for a high school kid, it's embarrassing. I can't help but laugh at this swill. Have fun with your line 6 & reverend guitars Danny alcatraz, I will stick to my Les Pauls, strats, Marshalls & Blackstars.
Who shat in your cereal?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Page 1 of 3