Page 1 of 2
Hey talk about you favorite female vocalists of all time! Share your own tracks! Share links to your bands pages. Or even just gossip about your favorite lady singers/vocalists.
Renee Phoenix is gorgeous, and her gritty voice is A+.

Also Joan Jett because Joan Jett.
And Cherie Currie because she's a ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb.
oh i see it's just female vocalists in general (I presumed metal)

Grouper is lovely. She sings really quietly. It's very delicate + moving

Also O Paon. She died recently though, as 2016 is determined to be the year that all values fall apart

they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 3, 2016,
Grouper is good. Heavy Water/I'd rather be sleeping is her best.

Gwen Stefani deserves an honourable mention.

Claire Boucher aka Grimes.

Nicole Dollanganger.

Bjork.

Don't know their names but some great female vocalist lead bands are Sylvan Esso, Polica, Ghostpoet sorta, Shura is new and fantastic.FKA Twigs. Yumi Zouma. Glass Candy. Phantogram. Coco & Rosie.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I don't really like any female vocalists. I'm not really a fan of vocals in general before you all accuse me of being a sexist misogynistic patriarchal woman hating neo nazi.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
I don't really like any female vocalists. I'm not really a fan of vocals in general before you all accuse me of being a sexist misogynistic patriarchal woman hating neo nazi.
god you're such a sexist misogynistic patriarchal woman hating neo nazi.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by JackSaints

This is actually me though. Very few female vocalists I can get behind, most of them are one offs.

The person behind Gazelle Twin, for instance.

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Amy Lee has a powerful voice, this album is awesome, very influential and inspired.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

whoever the female vocalist was in hooray for humans
Bilinda Butcher
Kim Deal (and Kelley Deal)
Mary Lou Lord
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I am my own favorite female vocalist.

(That was a joke. I like Pat Benatar, though I won't say she was the best ever.)
Tammy and Dolly and Rhonda Vincent and Pam Tillis

Grimes sounds cool sometimes

ummm

Billie Holiday

idk

Angela Gossow is not so great though to be honest
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Question for TS though. If you are the vocalist in the band you linked but in the band members part it links to a different profile than yours, is that also your profile?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
FKA Twigs is for sure up there. She's too good for this world really. The buildup on this song is incredible

Kate Bush is great, Emma Ruth Rundle makes wonderful music, Regina Spektor is quirky but usually tasteful and insightful, Norah Jones has impeccable tone, whats-her-name from Land of Talk is incredible, Emily from Warpaint dominates live, T Swizzle is God and Bey and Rihanna are badass. Too general of a question tbh.
Last edited by whywefight at Dec 3, 2016,
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
All time favourites would be:

Kimbra
Zooey Deschanel in She & Him
Björk
Ladyhawke
Laura-Mary Carter from Blood Red Shoes
Sarah Barthel from Phantogram
Lillie Mae Rische
Edie Brickell
Alison Mosshart (The Kills/Dead Weather)
Brody Dalle
Holly Golightly
Loretta Lynn
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
behind_you

mentions Tarja, links a video with Floor

I appreciate Floor, but done with the drama

on topic:
Lee Douglas

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Sheena Ozella
Lauren Denitzio
Miranda Taylor
Exene Cervenka
Yula Be'eri
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Page 1 of 2