HI just want to know what more experienced ears here. What effects would you say are used in the solo at 3:16?

At various points, I'm hearing:

Some kind of vibe or tremolo
Wah
Flange
Distortion
OD
Possible fuzz
Ring mod
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
in addition to what danny said it sounds like there's some phase shifting going on too (unless that's the wah)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc yeah, what I called flanging or wah could also be phasing, depending on gear and settings. +1.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

oh i thought i heard flanging as well (and wah), just it had that kind of phase shifting thing going on, the sound coming to the front and then fading a bit into the background (like going underwater) which is often phasing (i think ). Might not even be a guitar effect, it might have been added in production...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc right, right! I was just thinking about some demos I've seen where a phaser sounds like a flanger, a flanger sounds like a wah, a wah sounds like...well, you get the picture. Guitarists who really know their gear can do surprising things. Without seeing the pedalboard, you're probably never going to nail it 100%

dosamwolfso BTW, thanks for turning me onto this band!

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Dave_Mc right, right! I was just thinking about some demos I've seen where a phaser sounds like a flanger, a flanger sounds like a wah, a wah sounds like...well, you get the picture. Guitarists who really know their gear can do surprising things. Without seeing the pedalboard, you're probably never going to nail it 100%

yeah absolutely. there was an article in the tone report free online magazine about flangers, and it gave settings- you could get it to sound (more or less) like a phaser, or a chorus, etc. if you knew what you were doing. Not 100% bang on, but close enough, and as you said, almost definitely close enough that without seeing the actual pedalboard you wouldn't be sure if the player was using a phaser, or a different modulation pedal dialled in to sound like a phaser...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'll throw in my 2 cents on this. I don't think he is using a standard wah pedal on this. it sounds like a touch wah or an envelope filter to me. these wary the wah like sound based on how hard you pick the notes. the other thing that came to mind was perhaps he's using a digitech whammy pedal to slightly vary the pitch. it sounds like a wah but kinda weird like it's not a natural movement.
^ that could well be so
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Agreed. Goodness knows what kind of oddball and/or boutique gear they could be using. But as this discussion shows, the good news is that there are clearly a bunch of paths to sounding like that.

The bad news is you have to sort out which works best for your budget!

One's a Way Huge Swollen Pickle, Fulltone Fat Boost FB-3 next to it.

But the rest...upside down and glared out from the stage light makes IDing them tough.

is that a boss tuner at the left (as we look at it)?

not that that'll be any help for getting those tones

that one at the right has a knob where the footswitch often is. very hard to tell as you can only see a little, but maybe a fulltone deja vibe? though i'm not convinced (meaning i don't think it is) the same knob type. or maybe a deluxe electric mistress or memory man? again, though, i don't really think it is because it doesn't look quite right.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?