Last night I was selling pickups to someone. We met up at the local GC. Of course he was inside and I needed to in to find him so we could do the deal. So after we are done, I take a walk around the used section. I see a Gibson DC hanging on the wall. Amber maple top, mahogany, and rosewood. Fairly tall frets that were in excellent condition. All gold hardware, Grover tuners, it looked all original. I check the serial... 1999. Sadly the setup was rubbish. The action was "buzz everywhere" kinda low.

First thing that crosses my mind is... I need to go home and get some guitars I'm not playing. Went home grabbed 4 lesser guitars and came back. As they were valuating my trade ins, the tech was putting a fresh setup on it. Once that was fixed, it played very well. I noticed this DC was very light weight, the neck was thinner than any Gibson I've ever played. The body thin and reminded me of a Les Plus. The tone from the neck pickup was not a LP growl, brighter, more articulate, almost airy, the bridge was typical LP bright and powerful.
So after a bit of haggling (not much really), I bring her home.

So this morning I get to give her a full DNA removal, cleaning, polish, string change, and my setup. After a thorough inspection (pulled the panel), it is marked LPLI TA, and it's chambered. She is in excellent shape. Only 3 tiny dings on the neck. I come to find the pickups are 57 Classic Plus and 492R. Not too shabby.

So she is a 1999 Les Paul Double Cut Standard Lite in Trans Amber. Now that's a mouthful.

My wife, who is not a guitar fan, likes it...and even approves.

--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I like that.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Nice. Very nice.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Very nice. I love my DC Standard. Many congrats.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
That's the kind of top I like to see on a Les Paul

HNGD
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Man I would love a DC. Super classy guitars.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I stand corrected... the pickups are 490R & 498T.

Edit...
I thought I was wrong. The Standard has 490R & 498T pups.
The Standard Lite has 492R Alnico and Classic 57 Plus pups.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Last edited by Auriemma at Dec 5, 2016,
nice find! great color combo with the gold/amber.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.