I know there is probably no fix for this but I thought I would ask anyway.

I was wondering if there is any way to cut out the signal of the pedals delay when you turn the pedal off...

I am using a delay effect with a lot of feedback and when I press the footswitch to turn the pedal off the signal keeps on going which is really annoying for what I am trying to do.

The only way I can think of stopping this is letting the delay ring out before I go into the next part of the song.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
look through the manual to see if there's any way to turn "trails" off (that's the name for them)

if not i'm not sure. you might have to put it in a true bypass loop to do that. true (presumably half-assed bypass too) bypass delays don't have trails- in fact some have selectable true or buffered bypass so you can choose either option.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?