Sorry to be a pain but I'm still trying to decide on an amp, in case you did not know I'm a metal guy. I thought I was set on the Peavey Vypyr but then I saw some youtube videos on the peavey bandit and the roland cube which sounded really good too...what do you guys think would be my best option and why? Also thank you in advance for your input....As I do my research...I can taste having that guitar in my hand feeling that gain....lol You guys know how it is with our toys
I used a Bandit once and wasn't all that impressed - no idea what model or stripe it was. I'd take the Vypyr over the Bandit. I've never plugged into a Roland Cube so no opinion on that one.

What's your budget and specifics again? No one wants to dig through old threads to help you!!
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Budget? Combo vs head/cab? Number of channels? What type of metal?
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Without hearing a budget, I'm going to throw out a used Peavey 6505/5150, or XXX combo as suggestions .
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
That's not a lot of money. I don't think you'll get anything that sounds decent.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
If you're strictly a bedroom player, then for a $150 budget, I'm tempted to recommend modeling software (such as BIAS) instead of a physical amp. You will likely end up with much better tones this way.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
You can't go wrong with a Peavey Vypyr VIP 1 for metal. The price is great and it has lots of great sounds.
Quote by FlightofIcarus
If you're strictly a bedroom player, then for a $150 budget, I'm tempted to recommend modeling software (such as BIAS) instead of a physical amp. You will likely end up with much better tones this way.

+1 on this. Even free plugins like lepou amps and such will give you decent results. You just need an audio interface.

That being said, i own a red stripe bandit, and it isnt a bad amp. Its nothing spectacular, but you can get decent metal tones out of it. But seeing as how the software gives you way more versatility, id still go for that.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
+1 on using your computer to model more expensive guitar equipment. However, if you are set on getting an amp, I'll toss in my hat with the Yamaha THR10X. You may be able to find one used at your price point. I play popular high-end amps typically (my main metal tones come from 5150, JCM800), but for practice, the THR10X is great for metal. It's got excellent models, two speakers and stereo tones/effects, a full range of bedroom volume levels, and a large amount of tweakability for programmed presets, particularly if you connect it to a computer and use the sound editor it comes with. You can also use it with your computer as an interface, it handles playback as well as input, all in one. And you can run it on batteries or the adaptor. The tones it has are voiced to be comfortable and less harsh, so it's really excellent for at-home work. I have found the unit invaluable for practice, composing, quiet playing, demoing tracks for recording, and remote playing and recording.
i haven't tried it (which i don't advising if i haven't experienced it) but i would look into the software spectrum. its come a long way.

i never liked the bandits, i have played several (again unsure of stripe) and was never impressed. actually i was quite disgusted.

i think if you want an amp i would look for the THR10X or a used peavey Vypyr tube 60 combo.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by FlightofIcarus

Yep I'm going to have to go this route , interface and powered monitor, Or if you already have a good speaker system for your PC then skip the monitor, For your average bedroom player its more bang for the buck with limitless options