Poll: DP100 on bridge and SD Black Winter on neck
Poll Options
View poll results: DP100 on bridge and SD Black Winter on neck
Good idea
1 100%
Bad idea
0 0%
Voters: 1.
Hey i was thinking about buying a second guitar and i thought that i should buy a guitar that i can change the tune often without much trouble and then change the pickups to get it to sound better. I liked the Cort KX1Q model (I can find it in Argentina) and I (From what i heard in YT) really loved the sound of the Dimarzio Super Distortion pickup, but i still am not sure about what pickup i should in the neck get to pair the DP100. I heard (in YT) almost all the dimarzio humbuckers and none of them really convinced me but I heard the Seymour Duncan Black Winter on the neck and it sounded amazing. My question is if those two would make a good team or if they are so different that i shouldn't even think about putting them on the same guitar.

I want to play all kind of things but mostly metal and i want it to be a good guitar for soloing and playing clean (I liked the DP100 and black winter both on high gain and clean, that is why im asking ) So what do you think, good or bad idea?
Well, your guitar won't explode or anything like that.

...or will it?

I'd contact each company separately, and ask which of their pickups they'd pair with the ones you KNOW you like...and sounds most like the other company's pickup.

IOW, contact SD and ask them what goes well with a Black Winter, and which of those- if any- sounds most like a SuperDistortion. And likewise with DiMarzio- which of their pickups sounds like a Black Winter, and does it pair well with the SuperD?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
You can easily do this. Problem is that the color codes for the wires are different, so you have to sort that out. If they are out of phase when wired correctly, you might have to flip a magnet on one, as well.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
it will shatter into one thousands of pieces.

it will start on fire.

it will look ugly.

lol. not totally serious, but i wrote a blog on this a while ago that is linked to my sig... lol. funny stuff.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
There's no reason on earth to have the same brand of pickups in both positions on your guitars. Makes no difference.
Quote by dspellman
There's no reason on earth to have the same brand of pickups in both positions on your guitars. Makes no difference.

they look different. don't match.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/