What am i missing?

Can't get metal out of the micro dark plugged into a 2x12.

Online 2x12 was supposed to sound better??/

Should I be pushing to a 1x12.

Thing has nice cleans,but not metal - im missing something...
you must be missing something. can you upload a video or a clip?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Are you using the volume and gain knobs correctly? That's a one channel amp, so you get cleans and distortion out of the same channel, by moving the gain knob. If you want the metals, start with the volume at zero (to not shock yourself with the loudness), and put the gain up to above half. Then, turn up the volume until it's as loud as you want.

Seems like a simple thing, but I've seen people make that mistake before, with the Dark Terror. Sitting there with the volume knob damn near maxed out, tweaking the gain knob and saying, "why can't this thing get distorted at less than concert volume?"
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Yea no, i'll try to put up some vids

The headphone out is a cab simulator; i tried it, it kinda of sounds the same so makes me feel better that it's not the cab.
The amp is new, but the jim root cab is used; though I got it from a legit music store and not craigslist.

I can get a southern rock type sound, but was hoping for some 80s lead or some metallica rhythm.

I'll try to take a video later today.....

Might have had my hopes up based on some other demo's I've seen online. Though it's not always clear if they have a pedal in the line. I've tried pushing with my bad monkey and still can't quite find the sweet spot.

Thanks for the feedback (circle back with some audio later today)
Are you playing a banjo thru the head?

Seem odd...
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
Sh!t, are you saying I can't play a banjo and expect Iron Maiden tone....UGGGG

On a serious note I'm using an Elite Fender Tele (i know this brighter)
Jem 70v
Agile 3000

The tone changes, but still not what I'd expect when pushing through a humbucker.....
Welp, here's a newb for you -

I have my compression pedal on almost all the time. Had it set and on...looks like one of the kids turned my level way down on it

Pretty stoked right now as i'm hearing this amp and cab for the first time
Quote by boyd98
Welp, here's a newb for you -

I have my compression pedal on almost all the time. Had it set and on...looks like one of the kids turned my level way down on it

Pretty stoked right now as i'm hearing this amp and cab for the first time

At least you solved your problem! I have a Micro Terror with the matching 8" cab for my bedroom amp and when I bought my main amp (EVH 5150iii 50w + Orange ppc212) I had a week or so before my EVH was delivered. I hooked the little Micro Terror up to the 212 not expecting much but holy cow that little thing CRANKS. I'm sure the Micro Dark is even more beast! Sadly that wasn't out yet when I bought the Micro Terror, but I love mine just the same.
yea my daughter has the micro terror and the 8" cab.

My head on my bugera went bad so i replaced with this micro dark (primarily because i like the micro terror but now this has an FX Loop)

pretty nice little bedroom amp