Hey guys!
I'm looking for a strat. I already have a LP and want to get some fresh new tones. I don't know if maybe the Squier http://shop.fender.com/de-DE/squier-electric-guitars/stratocaster/classic-vibe-stratocaster-%2750s/0303000546.html#cgid=%09squier-electric-guitars&start=1 would already be good enough for my needs or if the fender (http://www.e-gitarren-profi.com/produkte/fender-standard-stratocaster/ ) is in any sense better in quality and worth the extra money. Unfortunately I don't have too much money to get something more quality and better but I guess one of these models would do me fine. Also I don't really have a nice shop in my area that sells fender oder squier guitars so it is difficult for me to get my hands on one or both of them to test them out. So Im asking you guys. I bet someone was in my place before considering to buy one of the two and maybe you can give me some details why you chose one instead of the other?
I can't tell you which you should buy, other than you should play each before you do.
You can find used MiM Strats all over CL and Reverb. MiM Strats are very consistent but a few turds can be found if your buying blind (online).
CVs are a little harder to find. I will say CVs have a well deserved reputation for being well put together and nice players.
I've played both. Like them both.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
When I did this I bought a used MIM Strat for a few reasons:

1. For my only SSS guitar I wanted that classic Fender Strat feel and didn't/don't have much experience with single coils and the differences between them. Only used Humbuckers up to that point and still 98% of the time do.
2. I wanted the Fender logo - part of that feel I guess. This way I can say been there, done that and won't care what any future strat headstocks say.
3. Resale value - I wanted something I can flip for break even or a profit - see below.
4. Found a good deal - $230 - 2 tone burst (which is what I wanted), not a single nick or dent on the guitar, it's been played - what looks like some sweat marks on the board, came with Fender Straplocks, Fender tweed strap, and a Fender Hard Case. I can sell it for a profit if I want to.

My decision was between the MIM Strat and a G&L Legacy Tribute in Blue Burst.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
When I did this I bought a used MIM Strat for a few reasons:

1. For my only SSS guitar I wanted that classic Fender Strat feel and didn't/don't have much experience with single coils and the differences between them. Only used Humbuckers up to that point and still 98% of the time do.
2. I wanted the Fender logo - part of that feel I guess. This way I can say been there, done that and won't care what any future strat headstocks say.
3. Resale value - I wanted something I can flip for break even or a profit - see below.
4. Found a good deal - $230 - 2 tone burst (which is what I wanted), not a single nick or dent on the guitar, it's been played - what looks like some sweat marks on the board, came with Fender Straplocks, Fender tweed strap, and a Fender Hard Case. I can sell it for a profit if I want to.

My decision was between the MIM Strat and a G&L Legacy Tribute in Blue Burst.

Fender logo
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge