I am searching for pickups to change for my guitar LTD EC-256 AVB AGED VINTAGE BLACK (Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck) that fit metal music I am playing such as A7x, Metallica, Bullet for my Valentines and some of Slash. I have found Invader Sh-8 and EMG 81/85, black winter, blackouts. So what should I change into under $200 for a pair of bridge and neck? Thank you.
What amp are you using so we can tell you about how getting new pickups is a waste of money if your amp sucks suggest the best combination possible?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Thread was moved to forum: Gear Building & Customizing
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Thanks for your comment, I am using Marshal MG30CFX amp, how about this idea? I want to have a better sound. Should I also change the amp? If then, what pickup is suitable?
Also I'm using the Slash wah, and metal muff distortion effect
Last edited by thanhbuu at Dec 7, 2016,
Marshall MG = crap.

Get a new amp first. Worry about pickups when you have something that's actually decent. For the tones you're going for, Jet City is a good shout. Sound good and cheap.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I often go to the guitar practice-room which have marshall JVM205H to play and practice, So would it suitable to change the pickup with my guitar? Thanks a lot.
Do you actually own that amp? If not, still wouldn't consider it worthwhile.

Pickups are a pretty darn minor tweak to a guitar's tone. The way pickups are marketed makes it appear that they can completely and utterly transform the guitar, but usually they don't. There are more efficient ways to spend your money than pickups and get a more dramatic result if you haven't already done them. New amp, new cabinet, new speakers getting the guitar set up etc.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I am searching for Line 6 AMPLIFi 75 or 150, how about it? like her
Last edited by thanhbuu at Dec 7, 2016,
Quote by thanhbuu
I am searching for Line 6 AMPLIFi 75 or 150, how about it? like her

Meh.

I'm a traditionalist that doesn't buy into cheap amps that claim to have full-range speakers. Such a setup is more akin to a home stereo system or a PA than a dedicated guitar amp. Guitar cabinets have always traditionally used 12" speakers without any horns or tweeters. There do exist 8" speakers that push as much air as a 12" speaker, but I'm skeptical that you're going to find such a thing on a cheap practice amp like Line 6 seems to claim.

Just get a dedicated tube amp like one of the Jet City's. They're a lot more likely to deliver the sort of tones you want than a cheap Line 6 modeler likely ever will. At least in my opinion. If you're only looking for a couple of different high-quality sounds from your amp, the modellers that attempt to do absolutely everything (at the cost of doing any of it particularly well) are a bit of a false economy.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R