I heard somewhere that they blow fuses relatively quickly. So I'm curious if whether they're any good.
I've had my AC30 for about 10 years.
Never blew a fuse
Although the one that use a valve for a rectifier have a reputation for that valve dying.
Mine has a Rectifier valve though and its been in there for about 8 years.

The AC series amps do tend to run hot though.

If I become homeless, I'm still not selling it.
Quote by TROUnation
I heard somewhere that they blow fuses relatively quickly. So I'm curious if whether they're any good.
VOX amps are the worst brand on the market.

< -- AC30C2 owner
^ -- sarcasm

For real, VOX is good stuff. If you are talking their flagship AC series, they work best doing music with levels of distortion up before metal. Even then with the right pedal you can get the br00tz out of them. But rock and back are the AC's strong points. Their inherit voicing is not for everybody but it is the voicing for a lot of people. AC's have been used on countless records, along with Fender and Marshall's flagship lines as well. AC's do not typically just "break", save for the few rare occasions that are bound to happen with any amp company that moves so much stock.

I do not see much about their fuses just randomly blowing, the "most common" issue is using the standby switch for long periods of time with the tube rectified models as CodeMonk said (CC2, TBX, and older models before). That is an issue with really any tube rectified amp though from what I understand. They do burn through EL84's pretty fast, some users change them out every 6 months with regular use. New-production EL84's are not too expensive though so it is not too bad a hit.

Now if you are talking their cheaper units like their modeling amps, I think they do a better job in cheap SS/modeler market compared to other offerings, but they are still cheap SS/modeling amps.
Quote by CodeMonk
If I become homeless, I'm still not selling it.
Good, because the amp chassis can double as an oven and space heater.
Last edited by Will Lane at Dec 6, 2016,
i am not an AC junkie, but if i ever hear of something wrong with a vox (which isn't overly often), its overheating.

if i were to be using a vox live and depend on it, i would put a fan behind it. them bitches get cookin'.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Even after they went to cheaper Chinese builds, overall they're pretty steady solid amps. The older Brit models are workhorses that last and take to the road really well. The choice amps for The Edge, Brian May and countless others.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am not an AC junkie, but if i ever hear of something wrong with a vox (which isn't overly often), its overheating.

if i were to be using a vox live and depend on it, i would put a fan behind it. them bitches get cookin'.

We had a party/jam session at my house one night.
I forgot to turn off my amp.
Slept for 12 hours.
woke up, amp was still on.
No detrimental effects of any kind.

But, you can also run it for a few minutes, stick a frying pan over the vents, put a skillet on top of it and eggs and bacon, and have btekfast minutes atee
The only reliability issue I've heard of from this century is an issue with the custom classic series models with tube rectifiers. Not sure of the exact details but I seem to recall reading about the standby switch causing lots of blown fuses and burned out rectifiers. I don't think this issue affected all of them and it may have been a simple fix too. No such issues with the current models, as far as I'm aware.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i have a Vox ac30c2x slowly did upgrades to this amp. 1. installed the right tubes for this amp sounded much better. 2. changed to Mercury PT and OT transformers now the amp came really alive. 3. added Weber Alnico Blue Dog and Weber Alnico Silvewr Bell speakers now the amp talked sound. 4. now add a Birch Cabinet the final thing to this amp it all Winner now. i use this amp in NYC guys ask what did I do to this amp to get the sound it gets. i say its a GREAT sounding Vox ac30c2x
my amp dose not run hot at all its all in the tubes and transformers, speakers and cabinet.
Last edited by bacardi11 at Mar 9, 2017,