I'm not even sure if this is the correct place to post this but I was wonder do any of you own the game RockSmith?? More specifically is it any good? Is it actually a helpful tool to learn songs? I got a few extra bucks and was thinking about picking up a copy for pc. Just looking for some opinions on the game that didn't come from Stem because I've grown to not trust the steam community and there options. If I don't buy that game I'm gonna be picking up a new Boss Distortion peddle instead.
]
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
you can actually save money by just practicing your instrument instead
Check out my band Disturbed
Everyone tells me it's better at teaching than it is at being a fun game.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
The last guy I knew of on here who here who talked about Rocksmith also had a fox avatar
never tried it, if it keeps people inspired to practice and makes it fun then yeah why not, but it won't be your teacher. Presuming you're self-taught, you'll have to scour knowledge from various sources for that.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by soundgarden1986
you might as well as the question in the gaming thread

i know at least one person there owns (owned?) it

Thanks I didn't see a gaming thread... but honlsty I didn't look that hard.

Quote by Hydra150
The last guy I knew of on here who here who talked about Rocksmith also had a fox avatar
never tried it, if it keeps people inspired to practice and makes it fun then yeah why not, but it won't be your teacher. Presuming you're self-taught, you'll have to scour knowledge from various sources for that.

That's an interesting coincidence. I never expected it to be a teacher but it seems like it could be a useful tool.
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
it's fun to play around with, but probably won't really teach you much that you'll actually retain outside of the game
like there are songs i've played in it probably 20 times, and as soon as the game is off and i try to play it again, i can't remember it for shit

though i haven't looked at the tutorials much. i've put 85 hours into it, but really just like playing along with songs
Its uncool to like Rocksmith, but it is a fun way to play the guitar.
If you are a beginner or don't have a band to play with it is very good.
And if you do all the lessons you will gain some useful skill
The songs are fun too, and will expose you to genres you may not expect and actually enjoy.
I used it to learn to play bass. And I have since gigged as a bass player. It was the only bass course I followed.

It is worth spending time with Rocksmith. to get any benefit.
Its not perfect but is a fun way to finish off a practice session.
The newer Rocksmith 2014 Remastered has some subtle improvements. If it cheap give it a go. You'll need the special guitar cable. It is more than a game.
Quote by StewieSwan
you can actually save money by just practicing your instrument instead

this

more like Rockshit
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by MurrcuryFoxx
I'm not even sure if this is the correct place to post this but I was wonder do any of you own the game RockSmith?? More specifically is it any good? Is it actually a helpful tool to learn songs? I got a few extra bucks and was thinking about picking up a copy for pc. Just looking for some opinions on the game that didn't come from Stem because I've grown to not trust the steam community and there options. If I don't buy that game I'm gonna be picking up a new Boss Distortion peddle instead.
]

As a game, it leaves something to be desired. On the other hand if you want to get your feet wet on the guitar I think Rocksmith is a great place to start. I didn't learn a lot of tunes playing Rocksmith, but I did learn a few and had fun while doing so.

It has lots of "mini games" as well which basically try to drill chords, or scales, or something like that into your head. It has a "House of the Dead" shooter type game, something called "Scale Warriors" which is kinda fun (but also kinda dull), and other stuff.

Rocksmith keep me busy getting reintroduced to guitar for about 6 months before I went acoustic. I highly recommend it.
It's fantastic. It's Rosetta Stone for guitar.

I learned from 80s guitar magazine tabs and articles.
Rocksmith is way better.
i've always wanted to fiddle with it, but i'm not willing to spend more than $5 on it.

chances are any songs i want to learn wouldn't be available anyway and any songs in the game could be learned with tabs and shit.

also i suck at guitar.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug