One of them is available for pre-order at Guitar Center now but holy molly, it looks wicked as hell. This make me want to get one of those over my future Schecter electric guitar. However, it looks like a beginner level as it seems so I don't know if this is a good idea or not. As you can see my signature below, I can generally play this BC Rich guitar for my style in music.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/BC-Rich/Warbeast-with-Double-Locking-Tremolo-Electric-Guitar-Black-Devil-1500000031776.gc

http://www.bcrich.com/mk3-instruments/mk3-warbeast/

http://www.bcrich.com/mk3-instruments/mk3-warbeast-7-string/

Any thoughts?
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold hardware)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
Last edited by Hal-Sephira at Dec 6, 2016,
I have yet to play any of the new BC Rich guitars but have heard good things. mk3 is pretty low on the rung though so I don't know. personally I think that mk5 level might be as low as I could recommend. I'd compare it to the other guitar(s) you are considering as looking bad ass doesn't always translate to being a good guitar.
Not a huge fan of the Warlocks or BC Rich in general. In fact the only guitars that I care about when it comes to BC Rich are the Mockingbirds.

But if you're really going to get one of those guitars, get the one without the tremolo. Since those have a Licensed BC Rich Floyd, it's probably not worth the trouble.
Skip it.

BC Rich is under new management nowadays, but given the reputation of the older cheap BC Rich's as being absolute garbage, I wouldn't recommend the newer ones until I play one with my own hands. Not that I would go out of my way to though, not a fan of BC Rich in general.

Keep dreaming about the Schecter,
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I wouldn't choose this over a Schecter.

For B.C. Rich you need to be looking at at least $800-$1000 range neck-thru guitars because that is where B.C. Rich guitars start becoming decent.

I have a B.C. Rich KKBEASTV neck-thru it came with a Kahler tremolo and B.C. Rich active pickups(decent but not EMG by any means) and an ebony fretboard the guitar was list price $999 and made in China.

It is a great guitar high quality build fit and finish are perfect quality wise it is on par with any of my MIJ Jackson guitars. B.C.Rich makes their guitar bodys thick so they tend to be heavy mine is a whopping 12.5 lbs.

But in the $400-$500 range bolt on neck I'd be leary although if you can get your hands on one it may turn out to be decent but don't buy blind. That said I have a Schecter Damien Elite 7 I picked up used for $300 but it was originally $550 or thereabouts new and it is a great guitar much better quality than any B.C.Rich I have seen that price range!

I have picks of my BeastV on my profile if you want to check it out.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Dec 7, 2016,
you guys are tough on BC Rich. the new ownership is aware of the shortcomings of past years and has stated that they want to bring the brand back to its former glory.

up unti the new ownership took over the same aren't company that owns Floyd Rose owned BC Rich. the floyds they used were often the better ones. as far as I know they still deal with Floyd on a more direct basis.

now as for the lower end that remains to be seen. the new management scraped most models and has started from the ground up on the recent ones. the higher end stuff is made in Korea not China. I do agree that the neck thru stuff is where it's at for BC Rich but I think that perhaps the lower end stuff could be given the benefit of the doubt for now. it's a sjhame that many players have never played a high end BC Rich or even better an American made one. back when I first started to play in the late 70s BC Rich was a total rock star guitar the mere mortals could never hope to own. I bought my first in the early 80s (mockingbird without all the fancy electronics) and it's the one guitar I truly regret letting go. I currently play a neck thru Eagle and it's a great guitar but again very few have had the chance to play one (only made one year).
Quote by monwobobbo
you guys are tough on BC Rich. the new ownership is aware of the shortcomings of past years and has stated that they want to bring the brand back to its former glory.

up unti the new ownership took over the same aren't company that owns Floyd Rose owned BC Rich. the floyds they used were often the better ones. as far as I know they still deal with Floyd on a more direct basis.

now as for the lower end that remains to be seen. the new management scraped most models and has started from the ground up on the recent ones. the higher end stuff is made in Korea not China. I do agree that the neck thru stuff is where it's at for BC Rich but I think that perhaps the lower end stuff could be given the benefit of the doubt for now. it's a sjhame that many players have never played a high end BC Rich or even better an American made one. back when I first started to play in the late 70s BC Rich was a total rock star guitar the mere mortals could never hope to own. I bought my first in the early 80s (mockingbird without all the fancy electronics) and it's the one guitar I truly regret letting go. I currently play a neck thru Eagle and it's a great guitar but again very few have had the chance to play one (only made one year).

I like B.C. Rich every one I have played that was $700 and up neck thru have been good I think the fact that every pawn shop, music store, flea market etc. typically has several new and used $299 cheapies and this is what people are exposed to same goes for Dean, when people buy the good ones they keep them so they are few and far between in second-hand stores.

Big Box music stores have damaged the reputation of a few companies by stocking mostly entry level cheapie at most of these stores you have to order the higher end models, people make judgements from what they get their hands on and then tend to believe whatever they here on the internet!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
I like B.C. Rich every one I have played that was $700 and up neck thru have been good I think the fact that every pawn shop, music store, flea market etc. typically has several new and used $299 cheapies and this is what people are exposed to same goes for Dean, when people buy the good ones they keep them so they are few and far between in second-hand stores.

Big Box music stores have damaged the reputation of a few companies by stocking mostly entry level cheapie at most of these stores you have to order the higher end models, people make judgements from what they get their hands on and then tend to believe whatever they here on the internet!

agree. both dean and BC Rich put out some really crappy low end product for a pretty good stretch that did damage their rep. that is their fault. sadly those guitars are all over the place and the nice ones are tough to find. the new owners of BC Rich seem to understand that and have scaled way back on the catalog. hope they add the Bich and Eagle to the higher end models. I really wish they'd do away with the Widow headstock as that is so cheesy. they also need to try to appeal to more than metal fans. back in the 70s several big name guitar players used their guitars so they can certainly do rock and hard rock. I play blues with my Eagle.
Yeah I agree with monwobobbo.

I fail to see how the poor quality of BC Rich's cheaper guitars is in any way the retailer's fault. The way the guitars are styled has always appealed more to broke 13 year old goth kiddies than any other demographic, so that's whom BC Rich predominantly makes their guitars for. It is what it is.

They could attempt to kill off their negative perception dead by doing what PRS has been doing for years and simply refuse to make <$299 pawn shop specials, yet their SE's are still priced to remain fairly affordable for most people. This creates the perception that their guitars are for slightly more serious guitar players in general, without alienating the more budget conscious with their SE Standard line. That's a very smart compromise and you only have to be on this forum a few weeks to see that such a strategy has worked exceptionally well for them. But for guitars that are styled like BC Rich's, that's just not where the money is. More experienced guitar players that have deeper pockets more often than not, err on the side of conservative.

To compound the problem further, the features that BC Rich's had which made them appealing in the first place (neck through construction, multiple switching options, 10 strings, Kahler tremolos, multiple wood combinations, fancy bindings & inlays) are not exactly the cheapest methods to construct a guitar in the world. Which forces the brand very deeply into the following dilemma:

. High quality
. Features that represent the brand
. Low cost.

> Pick two.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yeah I agree with monwobobbo.

I fail to see how the poor quality of BC Rich's cheaper guitars is in any way the retailer's fault. The way the guitars are styled has always appealed more to broke 13 year old goth kiddies than any other demographic, so that's whom BC Rich predominantly makes their guitars for. It is what it is.

They could attempt to kill off their negative perception dead by doing what PRS has been doing for years and simply refuse to make <$299 pawn shop specials, yet their SE's are still priced to remain fairly affordable for most people. This creates the perception that their guitars are for slightly more serious guitar players in general, without alienating the more budget conscious with their SE Standard line. That's a very smart compromise and you only have to be on this forum a few weeks to see that such a strategy has worked exceptionally well for them. But for guitars that are styled like BC Rich's, that's just not where the money is. More experienced guitar players that have deeper pockets more often than not, err on the side of conservative.

To compound the problem further, the features that BC Rich's had which made them appealing in the first place (neck through construction, multiple switching options, 10 strings, Kahler tremolos, multiple wood combinations, fancy bindings & inlays) are not exactly the cheapest methods to construct a guitar in the world. Which forces the brand very deeply into the following dilemma:

. High quality
. Features that represent the brand
. Low cost.

> Pick two.

well they kinda re going in the direction you mentioned. they currently only have the Warlock and Mockingbird available at the higher end and those feature either set neck or neck thru as well as name brand pickups options. I doubt they will totally drop the low end stuff but hopefully will do more to generate brand loyalty. I just wish they'd get rid of the really pointy styles and that godforsaken widow headstock.

if they were smart they try to promote some models as being more for rock or even blues. back in the day Joe Perry, Rick Dehringer and Brad Whiteford played them as well as a few others. when I got my Mockingbird I was a real bad ass for having it. guys drooled and there was a great deal of envy. now you get laughed at most of the time. even though the Eagle is the tamest design they had out of their originals walking into a blues jam with one get some really odd looks.
Quote by monwobobbo
well they kinda re going in the direction you mentioned. they currently only have the Warlock and Mockingbird available at the higher end and those feature either set neck or neck thru as well as name brand pickups options. I doubt they will totally drop the low end stuff but hopefully will do more to generate brand loyalty. I just wish they'd get rid of the really pointy styles and that godforsaken widow headstock.

if they were smart they try to promote some models as being more for rock or even blues. back in the day Joe Perry, Rick Dehringer and Brad Whiteford played them as well as a few others. when I got my Mockingbird I was a real bad ass for having it. guys drooled and there was a great deal of envy. now you get laughed at most of the time. even though the Eagle is the tamest design they had out of their originals walking into a blues jam with one get some really odd looks.

It's good to see them moving in the right direction not that they need to disregard the aggressive metal themed guitars entirely but they should definitely try to focus more on some of the classic shapes the mockingbird is timeless IMO but there are too many people out there that are too young to remember when B.C. Rich was a prestigious company in the seventies through the mid 80s before Bernie Rico licensed the manufacturing right to class axe in New Jersey and they destroyed the companies reputation by making crappy plywood turds.

I'd like to see the reputation improve I'd also like to see more companies using Kahlers because they are great trems but they are expensive and relatively unknown due to low visibility in the marketplace.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

My buddy loves his BC Rich, he played mainly metal & even that really heavy dark deathcore shit. I played that guitar a few times, it was like a $200 guitar, but I walked away with good thoughts about the thing.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
The first electric I played was a Warlock I borrowed from a friend...for 6 months.

While a higher-end Mockingbird can be a pleasure to play, the cheaper BC Riches? Not so much. If you want a new "metal" guitar from a mainstream brand, and your budget is under $500, you're better off with Schecter, LTD, Ibanez or Fernandes.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Mid-range BC Richs used to be made by WMI in Korea; I think the new owners are working with Cort now.

That guitar looks good and it's going to do the job. If you want it, go for it.