Hi there,

Jack butler copy, but has no serial numbers or branding anywhere, would it be a custom build from other parts? Cant find anything on google about it.

I know charvel did a version but more expensive than this.

Looks it good condition.....

that floyd's a weird shape

i'd be kinda wary, really
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that floyd's a weird shape

i'd be kinda wary, really

think it's just the angle of the pix. looks like a parts caster to me. the Floyd appears to be a late 80s early 90s one. pickups aren't F-Spaced but that isn't a real big deal. whoever strung up the guitar is a moron. body may have been routed to accept the Floyd.
Those are Wilkinson pickups...darn good if legit.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
It is almost certainly a guitar built from parts; rather than manufactured by a company. "Jack Butler" is the name of the character played by guitarist Steve Vai in the film Crossroads; based on the old blues legend of Robert Johnson having sold his soul to the devil in exchange for his supernatural guitar talent. Aside from the fact that the guitar is metallic green (probably a nod to Steve Vai, as he was always partial to neon green guitars), it is set up very much like the red one he used in the film; albeit with a different body style and headstock.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thanks guys, really appreciate it. Its £150 quid, ill try it out and see what i think.
The only thing that looks off is the bridge pickup looks awfully far away from the bridge itself. I'd be concerned that the bridge pickup is too muddy.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by monwobobbo
think it's just the angle of the pix. looks like a parts caster to me. the Floyd appears to be a late 80s early 90s one. pickups aren't F-Spaced but that isn't a real big deal. whoever strung up the guitar is a moron. body may have been routed to accept the Floyd.

you might be right about the 80s thing, but i don't think it's the angle of the pic- the angle of the end of the baseplate is angled (you can see it on the last pic where the angle of the pic is from straight in front), whereas on OFRs and FRT-x00s it's straight.

also the saddles are bevelled, i thought that was only on newer ones?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc

I dunno. kinda looks like the routing was done a little sloppy. not sure about the Floyd I mean it looks like the ones I had back in the 80s but it's been a while so not sure. floyd could be newer replacement or just new and body was routed for it. saddles seem to be set to try to compensate for no F spacing
Quote by monwobobbo
Dave_Mc

I dunno. kinda looks like the routing was done a little sloppy. not sure about the Floyd I mean it looks like the ones I had back in the 80s but it's been a while so not sure. floyd could be newer replacement or just new and body was routed for it. saddles seem to be set to try to compensate for no F spacing

yeah. i'm not sure It doesn't look like the newer ones, that's for sure. maybe a ping one or something like that? dunno.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?