only about that 3 pickups
Seymour Duncan TK-1 single-coil (mid and neck),
And symour duncan dimebucker
what do u think ?
first each pickup for himself
and than about that combo
thx alot guys <3
its on the jackson dk2l
You're asking a question that can't be answered. What do you mean what do we feel about them? In what context?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R
i mean
only the sound of them
if your personally say its a good pickup
and btw
thx alot man
because you i didnt bought the sg and bought the jackson yesterday
thx alot man <3
SD Dimebucker

The real thing Wilde L500XL
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

not keen on the dimebucker

only tried them once (on a DK2 I think) but i don't remember being that keen on the STK-1s either
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Congrats on getting the Jackson man.

But really, who cares what a bunch of guys on an internet forum think.

What do your ears tell you? Are you excited and happy when you plug in and play? That's all that matters.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
metalmingee
i dont have amp yet
well all this questions its because im really new in the guitar world
so i dont have solid opinion
but be sure that when i gonna plug it in the amp
i will let you know man
thx for all the help <3
no context kind of makes this thread pointless. I mean if you are playing blues then a dimebucker is total shit if you are playing death metal then the single coils would likely not be the plan either. all about needs and what works for them

personally I hated the Dimebucker but I don't like Dime's tone at all and found the pickup very one dimensional. the TK1's aren't bad but not my first choice by a long shot for strat pickups. as for the combo I can't really imagine a scenario where that would work for me.
monwobobbo
thats the reason im asking about your own opinion
and for metal what do u think about the dimb ?
Quote by jdhscam12
monwobobbo
thats the reason im asking about your own opinion
and for metal what do u think about the dimb ?

ok but you really aren't being very specific as to your needs guitar wise. as I said the Dime doesn't do it for me. it's just a very hot pickup meant to push the amp hard. ok great if heavy distortion is all you use but kinda sucky for other things. I also didn't find it to be very articulate for playing solos. I like good note definition and separation for what I play. it didn't deliver that.
Just wait with upgrading if you don't even know what to look for.
It's wasted money and you might like the stock pickups as it is.

And congrats on the purchase, enjoy it!
Quote by I K0nijn I
Just wait with upgrading if you don't even know what to look for.
It's wasted money and you might like the stock pickups as it is.

And congrats on the purchase, enjoy it!

+1

Don't do any mods until you have settled on an amp and tried it. - And if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I always say to get used to stock pickups for at least a few weeks to see if there is a problem that you want to correct. After that, if you have the $ look for the right pickups to solve whatever tonal problem you are having.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Quote by monwobobbo
ok but you really aren't being very specific as to your needs guitar wise. as I said the Dime doesn't do it for me. it's just a very hot pickup meant to push the amp hard. ok great if heavy distortion is all you use but kinda sucky for other things. I also didn't find it to be very articulate for playing solos. I like good note definition and separation for what I play. it didn't deliver that.

That's why I prefer the Bill Lawrence made Wilde L500XL which the Dimebucker is supposedly a reverse engineered clone of but the real L500XL is very transparent and it cleans up rather well.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge