Famous Baseball Stadium Vendor Loses Job For Expressing Freedom of Speech

Poll: Violation of the First Amendment?
Poll Options
View poll results: Violation of the First Amendment?
indeed
5 26%
nah
12 63%
is she fit?
10 53%
lol nuts
7 37%
Voters: 19.
Page 1 of 4
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/Pistaccio-girl-gets-fired.html

In an interview with Red Ice TV, an internet outlet that promotes white identity politics, Emily Youcis, 26, said she was terminated by Aramark after being told her social media activities supporting white nationalist ideas do not reflect her employer's values.

Aramark, which operates the food concessions at the Phillies' ballpark, released a statement confirming her dismissal.

“A core Aramark value is treating everyone with integrity and respect always. That includes respecting our associates’ right to privacy and dealing with personnel matters confidentially. We can only confirm that the individual asked about is no longer employed after publicly connecting our company to views that contradict our values.”

Here are some of her Tweets to better understand her nuanced opinions on the subject of race:

I'm defending White America- the majority of baseball fans. If the Phillies shun me 4 standing up 4 White America they r shunning their fans

Exactly, what's more important, selling nuts for a couple more years or saving the White Race from extinction?

idk if we can / how to embed twitter shit

How do you feel about this? Has Aramark overstepped their boundaries and violated this young woman's right to express herself? Do you agree with the sentiments presented in her Tweets?

Jake reports, you decide.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
people who use Twitter for their "freedom of speech" should be exiled and imprisoned
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

the leftist thought police are at it again it seems. The world is going to be overrun by these cultural Marxists and 1984 will be a reality

And the only way to stop this is to vote for someone who wants to put journalists in jail for writing mean and completely fabricated things about him (even tho he actually said and did those things)

So yeah, suck it liberals
e
a
g
l
e
s

Quote by Rossenrot
So people still don't know how rights work

She had a right to express herself, which she did. And her employers had the right to fire her for being a white supremacist, which they did

Everybody's a winner
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Rossenrot
So people still don't know how rights work
as a member of the white race do i not have a right to exist?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Bladez22
She had a right to express herself, which she did. And her employers had the right to fire her for being a white supremacist, which they did

Everybody's a winner

"You are fired because you smoke weed and it reflects poorly on the company"

libs: THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! WHAT THEY DO IN THEIR PERSONAL LIFE IS NOT THEIR BOSS' BUSINESS

"You are fired for saying things that offend people"

libs: GOOD. RACIST PIECE OF SHIT
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
"You are fired because you smoke weed and it reflects poorly on the company"

libs: THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! WHAT THEY DO IN THEIR PERSONAL LIFE IS NOT THEIR BOSS' BUSINESS

"You are fired for saying things that offend people"

libs: GOOD. RACIST PIECE OF SHIT

This is a poor argument. Smoking weed, or other recreational activities done in the privacy of your own home affect nobody but yourself. Speaking, shouting, posting online and in public however does affect other people

and actually yeah I think a company does have a right to fire someone for posting on social media about how stoned/fucked up they are

And here's the thing, I'm willing to bet that you, or anyone else who moans on about "pc gone mad" has ever been on the recieving end of harassment or discrimination.

I get the idea that allowing the government to silence people is dangerous, I agree that it is. But I also think that allowing people to openly preach hate against others is also dangerous.

Also I'm sorry, this topic really frustrates me. People try to boil it down to "someone said something mean which upset someone else" and it's not as simple as that, like there's so many things at play with the whole censorship debate, and I think a lot of people forget that a lot of the things that people get in trouble for are genuinely harmful things. I'm also on my phone which is making it really difficult to type properly
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Last edited by Bladez22 at Dec 7, 2016,
Quote by Bladez22

Everybody's a winner

Yes, that's how rights work
She's not bad looking

I'd help her save the white race from extinction, if you know what I mean ;]
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Bladez22

Everybody's a winner

They said nothing about white supremacy.
They said it was because she didn't represent the company's values, which legally is a dubious reason at best.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Dec 7, 2016,
look i am am not racist i love when the blacks & the hispanics are putting up the numbers for my fantasy team i just don't want them in my neighborhood
Quote by soundgarden1986
damn i didnt know i was at risk for extinction

gonna be a white minority / we're all gonna die
Whatevs, the Phillies organization won't be hurt by losing a vendor. It's not like anyone shows up to the games anymore.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Dec 7, 2016,
Quote by jakesmellspoo

Jake reports, you decide.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
You made the poll wrong. One option is supposed to be "Is..." and the next is supposed to be "she fit?"
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Bladez22
This is a poor argument.

nah, being poor is the liberal thing to do

Smoking weed, or other recreational activities done in the privacy of your own home affect nobody but yourself. Speaking, shouting, posting online and in public however does affect other people

way to miss the point

and actually yeah I think a company does have a right to fire someone for posting on social media about how stoned/fucked up they are

ok, but most liberals don't share your view

And here's the thing, I'm willing to bet that you, or anyone else who moans on about "pc gone mad" has ever been on the recieving end of harassment or discrimination.

shockingly ignorant statement

I get the idea that allowing the government to silence people is dangerous, I agree that it is. But I also think that allowing people to openly preach hate against others is also dangerous.

"freedom of speech is dangerous"
Quote by Joshua Garcia
You made the poll wrong. One option is supposed to be "Is..." and the next is supposed to be "she fit?"
i already thought more than two options would be confusing for most people considering a lot seem to think every issue/subject only has two possible answers.

but 5 poll options? someone might have had an aneurysm.
Quote by Bladez22
And her employers had the right to fire her for being a white supremacist, which they did

Pretty sure Employers cannot fire someone based on their beliefs. Doesn't matter how stupid/ignorant they are. The only way they could it is if for example her Twitter avatar has her pictured in her work clothes or if one of her social media accounts is tied to showing her as working for this organisation, or if she presents herself as social media soundboard for the organisation (when she doesn't have that privilege) whilst spewing out this idiocy. Then they can argue she's damaging the company brand which I'd say is more of a warning offense than a getting canned one.

All in all its just another example of how stupid social media is and how stupid some people are.
Is it really all that surprising though?

Something like this happened to my cousin not long ago. She applied to a lab where they uhm.. tested on animals (among other shady things, namely involving apes >_> But she would be working somewhere else entirely. Not that she's cool with that, but it payed tons more than she was currently making and she needed the money). They gave her the time and place and was told she was hired, so she left her current job. Just a few days before starting, she called about something and talked to another person who (besides sounding like a rude batch) basically told her she had been denied and not to come because they went through her Facebook and "found out that she liked a post from PETA". And we're not even talking recent activity. It was something she liked years back and it was just one post. They were basically worried she was going to try to go public with their information. So yea, that went down the drain. Thankfully her old job took her back.

TLDR: My cousin was denied a job because the company went through her Facebook and saw that she liked a post PETA had made several years ago.

Only reason they got to cover their arse is because they never gave her a chance to work there. Which, in my opinion, as unfortunate as it is, is the best way to go about it because at least then they have the sorry guise of not hiring her because of a better, more suited applicant. Point being, it happens all the time and it's severely messed up. Based on this, I'm guessing the proffesional screening process comes before the companie's morally right one.

But as far as the topic at hand goes, to answer the question, it's just as wrong for the company to have hired her in the first place if they had a problem with it as it is of her to be advocating white supremacy (or something like it, if she prefers. ). I feel like there also might be more to this story than is being told, though.
Quote by snipelfritz

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Dec 8, 2016,
Jake has followed ETR's guide to shitposting very well it seems.
1. Make the thread relatable and applicable to everyone. A thread about a relatable topic to all demographics will get people to post in it.

Check.
2. Make the thread controversial. Good controversial topics always get people talking - Muslims, Donald Trump, vegans, single mothers, metal being crap are all good topics.

Check.
3. Make it a poll. People love clicking on polls and you will funnel the discussion along the route you desire if you include a poll

Check.
4. Make them pick a side. This will promote discussion and engage people in pointless arguments with no correct answer so the thread goes on for longer.

Check.
5. Make people feel superior. The thread should be making a target of a behaviour or topic that can make feel people more intelligent or superior for example laughing at someone stupid or someone with bad morals so they can post to prove how much better they are.

Check.

6. Make the thread relevant to current affairs. If you can include a link to a relevant news story like a recent school shooting or terrorist attack then people will want to post because they feel close to the event and want to share their opinion.

Check.

6/7 nbd Jake.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
D:
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by StewieSwan

woah, stewie's date with xixi really turned him more into his bitch
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Rebel Scum
Pretty sure Employers cannot fire someone based on their beliefs. Doesn't matter how stupid/ignorant they are. The only way they could it is if for example her Twitter avatar has her pictured in her work clothes or if one of her social media accounts is tied to showing her as working for this organisation, or if she presents herself as social media soundboard for the organisation (when she doesn't have that privilege) whilst spewing out this idiocy. Then they can argue she's damaging the company brand which I'd say is more of a warning offense than a getting canned one.

All in all its just another example of how stupid social media is and how stupid some people are.

Companies cannot fire you based on several protected things like race, religion, whistleblowing, age, etc. I don't believe this extends to what you say on social media. Also, the first amendment specifically applies to a citizen's interaction with their government, not a private employer. There are some exemptions to that rule, notably the guarantee of unions and union acts, but again I don't think this protects the employee OP mentioned in any way.

I'm not aware of any legal violation of civil rights a company would incur by firing someone over something they said on a social media account.

Edit:

Then again I'm only familiar with Texas law and down here the employer has a lot of freedom.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Last edited by Victory2134 at Dec 8, 2016,
Quote by Rebel Scum

They can, and they have. Are you just making this up?
Free Ali
These things are decided by courts.
If she even decides to sue
But there is no ultimate claim of this is perfectly legal or illegal.
lol @ her

She's stupid tho
My God, it's full of stars!
Aw nuts!

Racists can't get by with anything anymore.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
Aw nuts!

Racists can't get by with anything anymore.

But you are racist. Is it OK for you to be fired from a job now?
Wait, so are we talking about a vendor who works in a baseball stadium and who is famous? Or about a vendor who works in a famous baseball stadium?

Or is she perhaps famous for being a vendor who sells stadiums especially designed to contain baseballs?
Quote by StewieSwan

way to miss the point

ok, but most liberals don't share your view

shockingly ignorant statement

"freedom of speech is dangerous"

Anecdotal but all of my very left wing friends are middle class and doing well for themselves, my poorer friends either ignore politics or are more right wing

Elaborate what your point actually was then

But it's true though isn't it

And yeah it can be when that speech is "I hate X group and we should band together and make them leave". Hate can only lead to more hate, and allowing people to bang together around their hatred or distance for another group of people is only going to lead to bad things. We had/have a big problem over here of young Muslims getting radicalised within the uk and joining Isis. the Internet, and hate preachers are a big part of that radicalisation process, would you allow those websites and hate preachers to continue to spread their messages of hate and violence? Or would you allow them the same freedom of speech and let more young people get brainwashed by them? Switch out Isis with far right white surpremacy groups like the Edl and we have a similar problem. Violent thugs get impressionable young lads to join them for a nice round of paki bashing

Now I try and respect everyone's opinion, but if your opinion is something genuinely hateful then that's not worthy of respect, and I have no problems silencing people who want to stir up hatred and divisions within communities, because hate has no place in civilised society

But what do I know, I'm just a eurofag who grew up seeing the damage caused when hate groups spiral out of control
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22
Elaborate what your point actually was then

Your employer shouldn't be able to fire you for personal decisions if they aren't demonstrably impacting the company. Weed was just an example. We could go down the religious route if you want, but I trust the mention of it is already beginning to make the point.

And yeah it can be when that speech is "I hate X group and we should band together and make them leave". Hate can only lead to more hate, and allowing people to bang together around their hatred or distance for another group of people is only going to lead to bad things. We had/have a big problem over here of young Muslims getting radicalised within the uk and joining Isis. the Internet, and hate preachers are a big part of that radicalisation process, would you allow those websites and hate preachers to continue to spread their messages of hate and violence? Or would you allow them the same freedom of speech and let more young people get brainwashed by them? Switch out Isis with far right white surpremacy groups like the Edl and we have a similar problem. Violent thugs get impressionable young lads to join them for a nice round of paki bashing

"hate speech" is such a dangerous concept. "you can say whatever you want, as long as it isn't X". Do you not understand the inherent problem with that?

Now I try and respect everyone's opinion, but if your opinion is something genuinely hateful then that's not worthy of respect, and I have no problems silencing people who want to stir up hatred and divisions within communities, because hate has no place in civilised society

what a dreadfully bigoted and authoritarian opinion

But what do I know, I'm just a eurofag who grew up seeing the damage caused when hate groups spiral out of control

yeah, you guys have a bad history of authoritarianism. better silence everybody who disagrees so that doesn't happen again
Quote by ultimate-slash
Wait, so are we talking about a vendor who works in a baseball stadium and who is famous? Or about a vendor who works in a famous baseball stadium?

Or is she perhaps famous for being a vendor who sells stadiums especially designed to contain baseballs?
she was like low level youtube famous for singing while hocking nuts.
Quote by StewieSwan
better silence everybody who disagrees so that doesn't happen again

Does being fired count as silencing someone? It hasn't stopped her from voicing her views. If anything, it has given her more exposure.
Quote by StewieSwan
Your employer shouldn't be able to fire you for personal decisions if they aren't demonstrably impacting the company. Weed was just an example. We could go down the religious route if you want, but I trust the mention of it is already beginning to make the point.

"hate speech" is such a dangerous concept. "you can say whatever you want, as long as it isn't X". Do you not understand the inherent problem with that?

what a dreadfully bigoted and authoritarian opinion

yeah, you guys have a bad history of authoritarianism. better silence everybody who disagrees so that doesn't happen again

Well, my theory has been confirmed. StewieSwan enjoys arguing for the sake of arguing.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Jake has followed ETR's guide to shitposting very well it seems.

Check.

Check.

Check.

Check.

Check.

Check.

6/7 nbd Jake.
lol, i actually had the thread open in another window while i made this.

i think i dun good.
Quote by drdoom8793
Well, my theory has been confirmed. StewieSwan enjoys arguing for the sake of arguing.
how did it take you this long
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by sashki
Does being fired count as silencing someone? It hasn't stopped her from voicing her views. If anything, it has given her more exposure.

Coercion

Quote by drdoom8793

I do enjoy arguing, but everything I said itt is serious

Quote by Baby Joel
how did it take you this long

jesus was never in america
Page 1 of 4