Hi ya, it been a few years since I've used to forum and even then I was very new, so bare with me please. Im looking to start playing again after a few years with little to no direction(in music or life). Im basically looking to combine; Bolt Throwers raw angry energy, with the thick grooves and generally bass driven rhythm of Eyehategod or Buzzoven, the walls of noise and occasionally maybe even the EXTREME aggression of Northern European black metal and the spacey, psychedelic drug fueled sounds of Hawkwind. Probably nothing new really i know but it's more just for something to do. Over the last few years I've made many stupid decisions that have left me almost gearless. My rig currently consists of a cheap Jackson and a Peevy Bandit 300 with few effects. I plan to change all this and start from ground up. Any suggestions would be nice. Id like to mainly focus on effects pedals but any rig ideas would be appreciated.

Other influences consist of traditional doom, progessive Rock/metal, thrash, pyschedelic rock(obviously), NWOBHM, stoner Rock/metal, drone, epic doom metal, and a touch of weedie drum and bass
Last edited by daistar8000 at Dec 7, 2016,
Any suggestion? I need something that obviously has a lot of bass sound. Honestly I REALLY want a Sunn, cliche stoner metal shit I know, but I love the tone.
as far as a budget, I wouldn't want to spend more then 2k to 2.25k on an amp and new guitar paid for by my tax returns and a bit of saving. The rest is more of any on going thing so really budget on effects, as long as it's slightly resonable and worth the cost, doesn't really matter.
Im from Kentucky, not the sticks or the mountains tho lol. I live in a "major" city of this pathetic state
Anyone know or have an of idea what pedals were used in the making of Hall of the Mountain Grill by Hwakwind?
What about an Orange and a fuzz pedal? That oughta do the sludgy tones well.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Quote by daistar8000
Anyone know or have an of idea what pedals were used in the making of Hall of the Mountain Grill by Hwakwind?

wow that's an oldie. I'd guess a fuzz and an echoplex. there may be a fan site that goes over Dave Brocks setups over the years
Quote by BCKRedBaron
What about an Orange and a fuzz pedal? That oughta do the sludgy tones well.

thats my ticket to stoner and doom.

Rockerverb/OR100/Thunderverb, etc.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by monwobobbo
wow that's an oldie. I'd guess a fuzz and an echoplex. there may be a fan site that goes over Dave Brocks setups over the years

Id never actually heard of the echoplex. Really cool, though the tape part seems like it would be fragile or likely to have problems that would end up costing me a lot of money. Is the a wrong assumption?
Quote by daistar8000
Id never actually heard of the echoplex. Really cool, though the tape part seems like it would be fragile or likely to have problems that would end up costing me a lot of money. Is the a wrong assumption?

well an actual echoplex would cost you a fortune to begin with. there are several pedals out there that recreate the sound of an echoplex without using tape (and 1 or 2 that do). personally I use a Lovepedal Gen5 delay for this purpose.
Big muff or tonebender for fuzz should get you in the stoner ballpark, especially if you run them into an Orange OR100 or rockerverb.

If you want the echoplex sound, and aren't willing to part with a leg or kidney, the Catalinbread Belle Epoch and Strymon Flint are great for that kind of delay.
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Lots of Muff-inspired fuzzes out there that offer more toneshaping control. Lots of excellent echo pedals, too.

Orange amp is a no-brainer, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by geo-rage
Whats a bandit 300?

Sorry peavey bandit 112 Transtube my bad
Last edited by daistar8000 at Dec 13, 2016,
Quote by monwobobbo
well an actual echoplex would cost you a fortune to begin with. there are several pedals out there that recreate the sound of an echoplex without using tape (and 1 or 2 that do). personally I use a Lovepedal Gen5 delay for this purpose.

Would you recommend the Lovepedal Gen5?
Quote by daistar8000
Would you recommend the Lovepedal Gen5?

well I think it's a good delay which is why I bought it. it doesn't sound exactly like an echoplex but it's good enough (especially for the price.) it has a cool modulation feature that can make some pretty warped sounding delayed notes which you may find very useful.