Page 1 of 2
18 days til Christmas and I still haven't bought any presents. I never know what to get anybody. I want to get stuff that will actually be useful instead of more crap to put on the shelf, but then I can't think of anything they don't already have. If they need something they buy it, unless it's too expensive, in which case I'm sure as hell not capable of buying it. Our house is packed full of angels and lighthouses candles and crap taking up space and I don't want to make it worse, but it's Christmas so you have to get them something right? Yay consumerism!

So, in my amazon cart I've got a necklace holder tree thing for my mom because her necklaces are always getting tangled up and then I untangle them for her, a pack of 3 really good braided USB to micro USB cables in varying lengths for my sister because she's always have trouble with her charger, and that's it so far. No idea at all what to get my dad.

Idk, talk about Christmas gift ideas or something. Merry Consumermas!
Yes I'm terrible at it. My wife is really good at it, and choose 99.9% of the presents for our family members.

I think I did a good job choosing presents for her this year though

edit: as of one hour ago when I bought the last stuff for my wife, we've bought all of our Christmas presents
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Yes I'm terrible at it. My wife is really good at it, and choose 99.9% of the presents for our family members.

I think I did a good job choosing presents for her this year though

edit: as of one hour ago when I bought the last stuff for my wife, we've bought all of our Christmas presents

does she have a sister with the same habit?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
habit??

edit: oh. nah you can't marry her sister m8 sorry
My God, it's full of stars!
you do know that a $1 cord is just as good as "a really good braided" cord right
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Good things to get rather than a physical "thing" if you're stuck is an experience. Tickets to the theatre, sport events, music shows, massages etc.
Quote by Acϵ♠
you do know that a $1 cord is just as good as "a really good braided" cord right

Yea, for someone that is nice to their cords. That can't be said of my sister.

I do prefer braided cords for myself as well for certain things, just because they look and feel nice and are less susceptible to damage. Like when I make my guitar cables I buy the braided nylon sleeving to go around the cable, of course, even buying really good cable ends, wire, and superfluous sleeving they still end up around the price of the cheapest cable you could buy at a store and as good or better than the most expensive ones. And with certain devices, like mice or keyboards for example, having a braided cable is a sign that the company that made it is willing to go the extra mile on quality, even if that braided cable has little to no impact.
I'm not getting anything for anyone because my family doesn't celebrate Christmas and my bf and I have decided not to get each other anything this year. Although I probably will get him something you can't get here easily because I'll be traveling anyway, it just won't be a christmas present.

If I did have to get people presents here's what I'd get

Dad: a sweater that he could wear to work, probably some sort of dark green
Mom: everything Bruno Mars has ever produced in his life
Dad+Mom combined: tickets to a sporting event, probably cricket
Bf: a cookbook of Indian food with homemade samples OR this ridiculously adorable mouse thing I've been trying to knit for a few days if i ever manage to make it look like something other than a blob
cat
I'm pretty clueless what to give people over the holidays and birthdays,
i usually just end up giving them generic gift cards to best buy, amazon, or target, etc
(i gave one of my chick friends a gift card to Starbucks and she went nuts lol)
if someone wanted to gift me something, i wouldn't mind cash or a gift card to a good store.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I know perfume and body wash/lotion sets are soooooo ~middle school girl in 2000~ but those are seriously my favorite presents. If I have to buy stuff for myself it's always boring soap that doesn't look or smell interesting. My ultimate goal is to receive so many of these types of presents that I never have to buy soap for myself again; I used gifted soap for 3 years straight so I'm sure this will happen someday.
cat
I randomly remembered that we used to have this wire mesh splatter screen to put over the pan when sauteing or frying stuff, but it started rusting and falling apart and we threw it away a while back, so I got one of those for Dad. I guess it'll be used by everybody, but Dad's the one that gets the most irritated about oil splatters on the stove, so there we go.
i was pretty good at it the one year i could afford to buy them.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
A bag of weed. The gift that keeps on giving.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Just gimme a gift card, whatever. Why does anyone care about gift cards being impersonal?
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by chrismendiola
Just gimme a gift card, whatever. Why does anyone care about gift cards being impersonal?

I'd get you a gift card for Wendy's upto

Quote by Pastafarian96
Cash always works for me.
Some people call it tacky, but nobody that's ever received cash as a gift called it tacky.
For my fam no. For outer fam, it can get a little challenging, yea.

Don't be too hard on yourself though. Sometimes people make it hard to shop for them.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
yes, I can't shop for anyone i am a terrible son, terrible grandson, terrible friend, etc.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Joshua Garcia
For my fam no. For outer fam, it can get a little challenging, yea.

Don't be too hard on yourself though. Sometimes people make it hard to shop for them.

you should give them what you give us

dank memes

Quote by Pastafarian96
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
you should give them what you give us

dank memes
Gettin everyone one of these bad boys

Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
The last time I bought really nice and expensive gifts, they either got returned, broke, or didn't get used. Last year specifically, I didn't go all out, but I stressed out over it and got everyone a bunch of things, and it wasn't really worth it.

I'm not doing Christmas this year.
I think buying gifts is one of the easiest things in the world if you actually know a person well. e.g. my brother moved out a couple of years ago and I got him a BBQ and he loved it. Something someone may not be able to justify going out and buying themselves but would love to have make great gifts - and if you don't know someone well but need to get them something as a polite gesture for some reason get them a book, something good, and something that you like yourself. Sounds a bit weak, but unless the person you know is a complete drip there's a book out there for everyone.

my other tip is for any significant others, and that is to buy them experiences not items - or at least not items every year + birthday if you know what I mean. Tickets for musicals, Cirque Du Soleil, Day spa packages, "adventure" activities, there's heaps you can do and doesn't have to cost much either.
I'm fucking terrible at it.

All I've gotten gifts for so far is my girlfriend and my UG Secret Santa
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Yup. I ask if they want something, and if they don't answer, they don't get anything.

I have found that buying people a few rounds of drinks makes a nice gift though, especially as you're all in one place and enjoying each other's company.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I've got all mine sorted but I've had to tone it down. When i first started working full-time i bought for literally everyone in my family. Now it's just my parents, my wife, and all the young kids in the extended family. My brother became a dad this year so we agreed we would focus on the kids at Christmas and get each other a bottle of some sort of spirit on our birthdays. Good arrangement

My dad and his girlfriend both had CDs they wanted, easy. My mum mentioned the other day she has no board games in the house because she lost those in the divorce so i got her favourite one and she's coming to mine for Christmas dinner anyway. My wife, we had a mooch round the shops the other day and i took note of everything she was interested in and got a few bits for that.

The little kids got toys from their favourite shows, the older ones got book box sets. I got skint

Edit: I'm annoying to buy for. I don't like people spending a lot on me, and I don't like 'cashing in' gifts. I'd much rather someone see something, however small, and go 'ooh, RAB will like that' and get it for me. Like the coffee grinder i know my in-laws are getting me. I saw it in a shop with my wife, went 'that would be a brilliant present' and now it seems it is. But it's not something i desperately want, just something that would be a pleasant surprise. It's weird. My parents are the worst, they get me really nice, big presents, but they sort it out months in advance, like gig tickets, etc so there's no anticipation of what I'm gonna get on the day. Much as it's a nice thing it feels like something they have to do rather than something they want to do.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Last edited by RAB11 at Dec 8, 2016,
Buy High quality Fake and Apply for a Real Genuine Visa, passport.I D,driving license Working permit for USA,CANADA,UK,SCHENGEN COUNTRIES/EUROPEAN COUNTRIES,AUSTRALIA,ASIA,AFRICA...
contacts:
whats app========+1 (863) 240 5118
email===========paperworks091@gmail.com
Skype ID========liveaperworks091
Are you trying to change your nationality ? do you need work papers ? do you want travel ? do you need papers, here is the right time...
-BARCODES: IDS SCAN and much more!!
we are working extremely hard to provide the best for our clients..
Quote by RAB11
Edit: I'm annoying to buy for. I don't like people spending a lot on me, and I don't like 'cashing in' gifts. I'd much rather someone see something, however small, and go 'ooh, RAB will like that' and get it for me. Like the coffee grinder i know my in-laws are getting me. I saw it in a shop with my wife, went 'that would be a brilliant present' and now it seems it is. But it's not something i desperately want, just something that would be a pleasant surprise. It's weird. My parents are the worst, they get me really nice, big presents, but they sort it out months in advance, like gig tickets, etc so there's no anticipation of what I'm gonna get on the day. Much as it's a nice thing it feels like something they have to do rather than something they want to do.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not much for receiving gifts anyway, let alone if it's just someone buying stuff I was meaning to buy anyway, however nice I think it is that the other person spends their time/money on me. It's much cooler if it actually is a pleasant surprise, however small. Even if it's just something you buy just because you think it'll give me a good laugh.
I usually buy pretty cool presents for people. I've always been an advocate of buying strange presents, weird books, curiosities, ornaments things like that. It's never the sort of stuff that people buy for themselves but they tend to appreciate having them. Well, my strange collective of friends and family do anyway.

Sometimes it's nice to think outside the box. Rather than getting stuff that they want or things that you can see they need, get them something unusual that might pique their curiosity. After that, they're usually only one Satanic Grimoire away from eternal damnation!
Gibson SG 2016 1960's Tribute
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Marshall DSL100H
Marshall 1960B 4x12
ProCo Rat 2
I'm an excellent gift-giver. I do all my christmas shopping on like, the 23rd or sometimes even the 24th and I normally just get my close family junk food/alcohol which is always a good gift for anyone. This was probably the first year that me and my siblings actually asked each other what we wanted. Which means having to spend slightly more money.
I have nothing important to say
I ask people straight up what they want. If it goes too long (ie too close to Christmas) before they can give me an answer, they get an Amazon voucher and that's that.
I'm great

been lazy this year sorting out everyone but family's gifts though. I was done on other people's gifts by the end of november. dunno what I'm gonna do with family gifts at all.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by ultimate-slash
I know exactly what you mean. I'm not much for receiving gifts anyway, let alone if it's just someone buying stuff I was meaning to buy anyway, however nice I think it is that the other person spends their time/money on me. It's much cooler if it actually is a pleasant surprise, however small. Even if it's just something you buy just because you think it'll give me a good laugh.

Case in point on this bullshit I've just had my wife text me to look for fucking coffee grinders on Amazon because her mum's stressing over which one to get I DON'T WANT OR NEED A FUCKING COFFEE GRINDER THAT PARTICULAR ONE I SAW WOULD JUST HAVE BEEN A NICE THOUGHTFUL GIFT IF SHE CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO GET ME TELL HER TO SAVE HER MONEY AAAAAAARGH!!!!
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

i buy my kids stuff everyone else gets scrooged
Wise man once said, " If you ever get lost in the woods, just start jacking off someone will see you."
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I have always done a good job choosing gifts with 3 kids and four grandkids plus our parents the wife and I usually don't have the money to buy for each other we would rather buy for the kiddies my oldest daughter is the mother of my 4 grandkids we told her everytime you have another kid it comes out of your personal christmas budget

Parents are a given and since both of our parents have everthing they need we just get them gift cards for their favorite restuarants
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by guitarxo
I know perfume and body wash/lotion sets are soooooo ~middle school girl in 2000~ but those are seriously my favorite presents. If I have to buy stuff for myself it's always boring soap that doesn't look or smell interesting. My ultimate goal is to receive so many of these types of presents that I never have to buy soap for myself again; I used gifted soap for 3 years straight so I'm sure this will happen someday.
I love those kinda gifts too! I have bottles and bottles of lotions and body washes I have yet to use and it feels nice.

I'm so terrible at picking gifts out but that's because I feel like I overthink my decisions. I love making my family happy but I also know they're not picky about what I give them. I guess I'm an anxious gift giver.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by slimhajack
Buy High quality Fake and Apply for a Real Genuine Visa, passport.I D,driving license Working permit for USA,CANADA,UK,SCHENGEN COUNTRIES/EUROPEAN COUNTRIES,AUSTRALIA,ASIA,AFRICA...
contacts:
whats app========+1 (863) 240 5118
email===========paperworks091@gmail.com
Skype ID========liveaperworks091
Are you trying to change your nationality ? do you need work papers ? do you want travel ? do you need papers, here is the right time...
-BARCODES: IDS SCAN and much more!!
we are working extremely hard to provide the best for our clients..

Hint hint. This is what I want for Christmas. Get to it, folks.
Free Ali
Free Lard
I suck at it.

Because I have no money.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Gabriel Fauré

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Page 1 of 2