Hi all I think my TT may have a problem. I was getting great tone from the amp but then I added a m/b throttle box, I was using it as a lead tone when the amp was clean. I did have it up very loud and now I have disconnected the throttle box my amp has lost the tone it had. It still works but when I add gain and volume it sounds crap, any ideas thanks.
Quote by paul w1
Hi all I think my TT may have a problem. I was getting great tone from the amp but then I added a m/b throttle box, I was using it as a lead tone when the amp was clean. I did have it up very loud and now I have disconnected the throttle box my amp has lost the tone it had. It still works but when I add gain and volume it sounds crap, any ideas thanks.
Sounds like you just got used to the magic the Throttle Box did to your sound. To be safe though, check any cabling you have to be sure none of the cables went "bad". Also if your amp has stock tubes in and you have had the amp for a while, it may be a time for a change. Can you make a sound clip so we can hear what you hear?
Thanks for the reply, can't do a sound clip at the moment but the sound is very thin, I will change the leads to start with and it hasn't had any tubes for at least 7 years if that helps.
Quote by paul w1
Thanks for the reply, can't do a sound clip at the moment but the sound is very thin, I will change the leads to start with and it hasn't had any tubes for at least 7 years if that helps.

Might I suggest tubes then. . . . . 7 years was a good run.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Just tried the leads and all ok, never changed any tubes ever so what tubes do I need and are there many makes to choose from thanks.
Quote by paul w1
Just tried the leads and all ok, never changed any tubes ever so what tubes do I need and are there many makes to choose from thanks.

According to their site the Tiny Terror takes 2 × ECC83/12AX7 & 2 × EL84. No idea what the preferred brand is for Orange but JJ are generally good.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Just took the cover off and I don't think it has ever been off. I bought this amp 2nd hand so I guess it is at least 10 years old, it had over a 1/4" of dust/fluff in the bottom of it. Now I know how much crud it collects I will clean it out once a year.