Hello UGs,

I found this guitar at a thrift shop. Was looking into buying it, but I could not find much information on it. It is a 24 fret and has kind of a curvy design. 5 way switch. Volume and Tone knob. Made in Korea.

It looks almost exactly like this one, but in way better condition. http://www.guitar-museum.com/uploads/guitar/999/100644-1.jpg

It is going for 150 dollars.

If anyone has information on these guitars it would be much appreciated! I googled pretty intensively and only found that they were from late 80s to mid 90s and it is a bought out company.
Last edited by emmicKs at Dec 8, 2016,
I'm 47 so I remember these from the 80s/90s they were budget superstrats with plywood bodies cheap stamped hardware and sub par electronics, personally I would pass on it.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

EvilnineAh I see! What do you mean by stamped hardware? Like no named cheap products? I found it weird that there was no serial number on the guitar. The store is having a half off day so I might be still getting it, but for 75 dollars. I do not know much about replacing parts, but would standard parts from todays market work in older guitars (bridge/pickups)?
Last edited by emmicKs at Dec 9, 2016,
Quote by emmicKs
EvilnineAh I see! What do you mean by stamped hardware? Like no named cheap products? I found it weird that there was no serial number on the guitar. The store is having a half off day so I might be still getting it, but for 75 dollars. I do not know much about replacing parts, but would standard parts from todays market work in older guitars (bridge/pickups)?

think punch press for the parts. a chap way of making parts from metal. you likely won't have problems finding parts that would work on that guitar. the real ? is it worth it to do so. if the body is plywood then I'd say no.
It was another attempt by Ovation to get a foothold in the imported electric solid body market. They tried several times, none really stuck.

You would be better off with a MiM Strat.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
emmicKs Hey, I ran into a Kaman GTX 20 some years back on Craigslist for $80. Basically a psychodelic crackled paint strat copy with a maple neck made in Korea with the std trem. Just wanted something I could leave at the office and nobody would steal. I cleaned it up and got a big surprise. Great playing and sounding guitar that I preferred over my MIM Fender. That GTX 200 is a tad fancier with the Floyd and all. Clean it up, throw some nice strings on it and you may be pleasantly surprised.......