Hey guys
I'm a guitarist, but have no knowledge about loop pedals at all - so any help would be great.

My brother is a great fingerstyle acoustic guitarist, and I think buying him a loop pedal for Christmas would be awesome.

I've been looking around and I've narrowed it down to the Boss RC-1 or the TC Electronics Ditto, or spend more and go for the RC-3 - but not sure if it would be worth it!

Would he need an acoustic amp to use to use the loop pedal, or can you plug headphones directly into the output of the loop pedal? He has a Steinberg UR22 Audio Interface : . Would he be able to use that would software such as BIAS FX, so he could use the loop pedal with headphones?

Thanks!
1) He could run the loop pedal in to his interface and listen through his headphones on that. Ideally though, you use one with an amp.
2) Does he want a looper? I had one for a while and the novelty wears off fast. It's much simpler to just record into your DAW and then record over that - you have way more control over the sounds and the recordings. Loopers are really mostly for performance.
Quote by reverb66
2) Does he want a looper? I had one for a while and the novelty wears off fast. It's much simpler to just record into your DAW and then record over that - you have way more control over the sounds and the recordings. Loopers are really mostly for performance.

This sums it up for me, well put.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+