So I've recently started using bias fx through a presonus audio box, it's worked out great for practicing but operating a wah pedal with a mouse whilst playing guitar is impractical to say the least.

Is there any solution to this? Ideally I'd like to plug in some sort of expression pedal configured to just control the wah (or pitch shift or whatever wah like pedals they have really).

I've always been a petty classic set up kind of guy so this amp sim stuff is new to me. Any ideas of what I actually need to make this work would be much appreciated

Thanks
I have no idea if Bias will let you do this (although I assume they do) but if it is controllable via MIDI then you just need to connect a MIDI expression pedal to your computer and do it that way.

Specifically how to do this I can't really tell you I'm afraid, but it should be possible provided you have an interface with a MIDI in port.

My guess is plug the pedal in, open Bias find a menu for MIDI input or something similar.

EDIT: The Presonus Audiobox does have MIDI in so you should be able to do this.
Last edited by Random3 at Dec 9, 2016,
Any recommendations on what pedal I should get? I've looked at a few but most seem to have 1/4" inputs not midi
The standard pedal used for this is usually a Behringer FCB1010. There is also the roland RC-300 or whatever, but its more expensive. Most people i see that use midi pedals have the Behringer.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
This unit seems a bit much, all I really want is the wah controller not a huge board of switches. Is there anything on the cheaper side?
Quote by monwobobbo
crazy idea but how bout just getting an actual wah?

That's so crazy it just might work! lol
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
Bias fx has a few expression pedal controller things so a Midi unit would be far more versatile.
Also is running a real wah into an audio interface a thing?
Quote by Tedis1111
Bias fx has a few expression pedal controller things so a Midi unit would be far more versatile.

while an expression pedal may have further uses you only asked about a wah. no reason it couldn't work so perhaps give it a try. I run a real wah into my POD for recording all the time.
Tedis1111

Running a wah into an interface works fine, ive done it a few times myself. About the controlers tho, the behringer i mentioned might seem like overkill, but it is the cheapest and also a very reliable option. Controllers with fewer pedals and buttons from other manufacturers are still more expensive than Behringer. There was some sort of audio interface/wah pedal mix that Native Instruments did for a while, but i think those are out of production so you can only get them used. I think it was called Rig Control.
Quote by Tedis1111

I run my pedalboard into my interface all the time, using Revalver4 in Logic for my amp emulation. I found that I actually enjoy the sound of my analog pedals more for what I'm doing than the digital models available in Revalver. Just need to make sure to set the preamp gain on your interface such that it won't start clipping if you step on a boost of some kind.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Well it kinda sucks because I wanted an all in one controller for not so much money but I suppose no such unit exists
Tedis1111 I dont understand, the FCB1010 is exactly what you are looking for if you want an all in one controler, is it not? It has bunch of buttons, two expression pedals, and its cheap. Its exactly what i used it for, to control amp sims (i used Amplitube, but obviously it should work on bias). What more do you actually want?
space is a bit of an issue for me (I move around a lot) so having a big bulky footswitch with 12 buttons I'm never going to use seems a bit much
I'd also rather not drop £100+ for something when 90% of its features aren't particularly useful to me.